+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Interview

applelicious1120

Dec 28, 2019
We also apply for visit visa but also refused, but this is our first marriage and we are same age.did the officer asked about your refusal how did you answer about that. I think my refusal bring me to this interview. I feel stress and nervous this day..
They didn't mentioned about it. The interview goes around the relationship, like how we met, how we communicated, how often we see each other, etc

Mrswhite

Feb 22, 2020
They didn't mentioned about it. The interview goes around the relationship, like how we met, how we communicated, how often we see each other, etc
Is the officer who interviewed you a Filipino ? Can I answer in tagalog? Thank you very much Hope you can post here if you here from them. Hope you will get your visa soon and be with your spouse.

applelicious1120

Dec 28, 2019
Is the officer who interviewed you a Filipino ? Can I answer in tagalog? Thank you very much Hope you can post here if you here from them. Hope you will get your visa soon and be with your spouse.
Su
Canadian po ang IO.. i guess the only means of communication here is english coz i tried to reply in tagalog but they detected it as spam...
You have nothing to worry, just answer from the heart as sincere as you can be

Mrswhite

Feb 22, 2020
Su
Canadian po ang IO.. i guess the only means of communication here is english coz i tried to reply in tagalog but they detected it as spam...
You have nothing to worry, just answer from the heart as sincere as you can be
Thank you very much.. Hope everything went well and goodluck to us..

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
when you wrote the forms, there was a question whether you need to provide a translator in case of an interview!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am writing on behalf of one of my relatives. Can you suggest what is the possibility of his entry into Canada through spouse sponsorship or any other visa? We are a bit worried about him.

• He is a 33 years old man from Bangladesh. He got married on May, 2015.
  • His wife is around 3 years older then him.
  • Both of them are form Bangladesh.
  • They did not know each other before their marriage and they got married on the first day they meet each other. It was an arranged marriage coordinated by their guardians.
  • His wife was permanent resident during their marriage and went back to Bangladesh for couple of months to get married.
  • The economic condition of the wife is better than the husband.
  • After marriage they had a reception where around 200 people from both parties attended. They have photons of the event.
  • After the marriage the wife not stay at husband’s house for around 7 days and came back to her parents home. She stayed at her parents home for 6 months and came back to Canada. During that 6 months the husband visited the wife’s home and stayed there couple of nights now and then.
  • Unfortunately after their marriage the relation between two families (including husband-wife) got complicated. The wife’s family started insulting the husbands family. The wife did not want to stay wit husbands parents and many more issues.
  • Due to This complexity they did not go for any honeymoon.
  • The wife came back to Canada after 6 months. She did not apply to sponsor her husband till now. It has been 3.5 years since their marriage.
  • Due to distance the relationship became worse day by day. There were several initiative by the husband to divorce the wife, but he backed off due to the high amount of “Dower” that he have to pay his wife if divorced.
  • At present the wife is in Canada and husband in Bangladesh. She neither want to divorce him and nor to bring him in Canada.
  • His level of education and level of English is not also sufficient to apply for Canadian PR by himself.
  • The husband (my relative) is worried if his PR application (if the wife apply now) will be approved or will be rejected. Will immigration Canada consider the long gap as a red flag?
Is there any other type of Canadian visa he can apply that will be easier for him to come to Canada?
This isn’t a genuine marriage. There will certainly be red flags if she ever attempts to sponsor the husband. Assume what you were saying is that he doesn’t want to divorce her because he has paid a large dowry and is still hoping for sponsorship and she doesn’t want a divorce because she likely received money and gold and she doesn’t want any arguments about her having to return gold and money because she didn’t sponsor him.

True Vocal

Dec 8, 2016
This isn’t a genuine marriage. There will certainly be red flags if she ever attempts to sponsor the husband. Assume what you were saying is that he doesn’t want to divorce her because he has paid a large dowry and is still hoping for sponsorship and she doesn’t want a divorce because she likely received money and gold and she doesn’t want any arguments about her having to return gold and money because she didn’t sponsor him.
canuck78,

Thank you very much to share your thoughts.
Do you think the age difference (wife elder than husband by 3+ years) will be an issue?
Also will waiting long (more than 3.5 years after marriage) before applying for sponsorship is a big red flag?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
canuck78,

Thank you very much to share your thoughts.
Do you think the age difference (wife elder than husband by 3+ years) will be an issue?
Also will waiting long (more than 3.5 years after marriage) before applying for sponsorship is a big red flag?
The whole situation is a red flag. They haven’t lived together or maintained a relationship after marriage and the woman returned to Bangladesh. A normal couple would have sponsored each other or at or at least visited each other if sponsorship was not possible.

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
I am writing on behalf of one of my relatives. Can you suggest what is the possibility of his entry into Canada through spouse sponsorship or any other visa? We are a bit worried about him.

• He is a 33 years old man from Bangladesh. He got married on May, 2015.
  • His wife is around 3 years older then him.
  • Both of them are form Bangladesh.
  • They did not know each other before their marriage and they got married on the first day they meet each other. It was an arranged marriage coordinated by their guardians.
  • His wife was permanent resident during their marriage and went back to Bangladesh for couple of months to get married.
  • The economic condition of the wife is better than the husband.
  • After marriage they had a reception where around 200 people from both parties attended. They have photons of the event.
  • After the marriage the wife not stay at husband’s house for around 7 days and came back to her parents home. She stayed at her parents home for 6 months and came back to Canada. During that 6 months the husband visited the wife’s home and stayed there couple of nights now and then.
  • Unfortunately after their marriage the relation between two families (including husband-wife) got complicated. The wife’s family started insulting the husbands family. The wife did not want to stay wit husbands parents and many more issues.
  • Due to This complexity they did not go for any honeymoon.
  • The wife came back to Canada after 6 months. She did not apply to sponsor her husband till now. It has been 3.5 years since their marriage.
  • Due to distance the relationship became worse day by day. There were several initiative by the husband to divorce the wife, but he backed off due to the high amount of “Dower” that he have to pay his wife if divorced.
  • At present the wife is in Canada and husband in Bangladesh. She neither want to divorce him and nor to bring him in Canada.
  • His level of education and level of English is not also sufficient to apply for Canadian PR by himself.
  • The husband (my relative) is worried if his PR application (if the wife apply now) will be approved or will be rejected. Will immigration Canada consider the long gap as a red flag?
Is there any other type of Canadian visa he can apply that will be easier for him to come to Canada?
The marriage, while legal, is not a "real" relationship. They spent a total of a week together almost 4 years ago. There is no love there. This is why the rest of us have to jump through hoops to be with the ones we love. Sounds to me like he doesn't have a chance, but that's up to immigration.

applelicious1120

Dec 28, 2019
Hello! How did covid 19 pandemic affect you application? Did you received any update?
For me since November 2019, I haven't receive any updates..