+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Interview

Mrswhite

Feb 22, 2020
I guess so... Hopefully
Hi applelicious , I saw your post about uour interview at Manila Visa Office.Can you share to me some questions they asked and did they asked you to bring additional documents or proof of your relationship.I was scheduled next week and I was very nervous.Kindly help me please.

applelicious1120

Dec 28, 2019
Hi applelicious , I saw your post about uour interview at Manila Visa Office.Can you share to me some questions they asked and did they asked you to bring additional documents or proof of your relationship.I was scheduled next week and I was very nervous.Kindly help me please.
Hi! I bought additional requirements like photos, proof of communication, boarding pass, etc.. the interview is all about your relationship, nothing to worry if your relationship if genuine then you can answer everything. They are just checking the genuineness of your relationship. By the way, when did you applied for sponsorship?

applelicious1120

Dec 28, 2019
Hi! I bought additional requirements like photos, proof of communication, boarding pass, etc.. the interview is all about your relationship, nothing to worry if your relationship if genuine then you can answer everything. They are just checking the genuineness of your relationship. By the way, when did you applied for sponsorship?
With regards to proof of communication, I brought with me messages from fb from the 1st day we communicated upto the most recent one..

Mrswhite

Feb 22, 2020
Hi! Any news/update on your application?
I was schedule next thursday but they did not asked me to bring any documents so I was worried what the interview is all about.I was sponsored by my husband.Did you have your visa after your interview?

applelicious1120

Dec 28, 2019
I was schedule next thursday but they did not asked me to bring any documents so I was worried what the interview is all about.I was sponsored by my husband.Did you have your visa after your interview?
Until now, we're still waiting for the response from embassy. Accdg to them they will just send email. When did you start your application?

True Vocal

Dec 8, 2016
I am writing on behalf of one of my relatives. Can you suggest what is the possibility of his entry into Canada through spouse sponsorship or any other visa? We are a bit worried about him.

• He is a 33 years old man from Bangladesh. He got married on May, 2015.
  • His wife is around 3 years older then him.
  • Both of them are form Bangladesh.
  • They did not know each other before their marriage and they got married on the first day they meet each other. It was an arranged marriage coordinated by their guardians.
  • His wife was permanent resident during their marriage and went back to Bangladesh for couple of months to get married.
  • The economic condition of the wife is better than the husband.
  • After marriage they had a reception where around 200 people from both parties attended. They have photons of the event.
  • After the marriage the wife not stay at husband’s house for around 7 days and came back to her parents home. She stayed at her parents home for 6 months and came back to Canada. During that 6 months the husband visited the wife’s home and stayed there couple of nights now and then.
  • Unfortunately after their marriage the relation between two families (including husband-wife) got complicated. The wife’s family started insulting the husbands family. The wife did not want to stay wit husbands parents and many more issues.
  • Due to This complexity they did not go for any honeymoon.
  • The wife came back to Canada after 6 months. She did not apply to sponsor her husband till now. It has been 3.5 years since their marriage.
  • Due to distance the relationship became worse day by day. There were several initiative by the husband to divorce the wife, but he backed off due to the high amount of “Dower” that he have to pay his wife if divorced.
  • At present the wife is in Canada and husband in Bangladesh. She neither want to divorce him and nor to bring him in Canada.
  • His level of education and level of English is not also sufficient to apply for Canadian PR by himself.
  • The husband (my relative) is worried if his PR application (if the wife apply now) will be approved or will be rejected. Will immigration Canada consider the long gap as a red flag?
Is there any other type of Canadian visa he can apply that will be easier for him to come to Canada?

Last edited:

applelicious1120

Dec 28, 2019
I am writing on behalf of one of my relatives. Can you suggest what is the possibility of his entry into Canada through spouse sponsorship or any other visa? We are a bit worried about him.

• He is a 33 years old man from Bangladesh. He got married on May, 2015.
  • His wife is around 3 years older then him.
  • They did not know each other before their marriage and they got married on the first day they meet each other. It was an arranged marriage coordinated by their guardians.
  • His wife was permanent resident during their marriage and went back to Bangladesh for couple of months to get married.
  • The economic condition of the wife is better than the husband.
  • After marriage they had a reception where around 200 people from both parties attended. They have photons of the event.
  • After the marriage the wife not stay at husband’s house for around 7 days and came back to her parents home. She stayed at her parents home for 6 months and came back to Canada. During that 6 months the husband visited the wife’s home and stayed there couple of nights now and then.
  • Unfortunately after their marriage the relation between two families (including husband-wife) got complicated. The wife’s family started insulting the husbands family. The wife did not want to stay wit husbands parents and many more issues.
  • Due to This complexity they did not go for any honeymoon.
  • The wife came back to Canada after 6 months. She did not apply to sponsor her husband till now. It has been 3.5 years since their marriage.
  • Due to distance the relationship became worse day by day. There were several initiative by the husband to divorce the wife, but he backed off due to the high amount of “Dower” that he have to pay his wife if divorced.
  • At present the wife is in Canada and husband in Bangladesh. She neither want to divorce him and nor to bring him in Canada.
  • His level of education and level of English is not also sufficient to apply for Canadian PR by himself.
  • The husband (my relative) is worried if his PR application (if the wife apply now) will be approved or will be rejected. Will immigration Canada consider the long gap as a red flag?
Is there any other type of Canadian visa he can apply that will be easier for him to come to Canada?
With regards to your concern, I think I don't have the authority to answer your questions. Better ask for help from any immigration consultants. There are a lot of immigration consultants who are willing to help you on this matter, it may cost you some money but I guess it will be worth it.

applelicious1120

Dec 28, 2019
August 2019 , the officer did not tell you if they satisfied with the interview , did the interview went well.
They didn't said anything except that they will just send me an email...
I guess so, because they will just ask you anything and everything about the relationship and if your relationship is genuine, so nothing to worry and you can answet all the questions

Last edited:

Mrswhite

Feb 22, 2020
They said nothing except that they will just send me an email...
I guess so, because they will just ask you anything and everything about the relationship and if your relationship is genuine, so nothing to worry and you can answet all the questions
Did they keep all the documents you bring..Is there any red flags on your application like age gap, refusal , arrange marriage, long distance relationship and visit visa refusal? How long does your interview goes?

applelicious1120

Dec 28, 2019
Did they keep all the documents you bring..Is there any red flags on your application like age gap, refusal , arrange marriage, long distance relationship and visit visa refusal? How long does your interview goes?
They took the copies of communication. He's 11 years older than me, he had previous marriage and he is divorced. Before we applied for spousal sponsorship, we tried to apply for visit visa but got refused.

Mrswhite

Feb 22, 2020
They took the copies of communication. He's 11 years older than me, he had previous marriage and he is divorced. Before we applied for spousal sponsorship, we tried to apply for visit visa but got refused.
We also apply for visit visa but also refused, but this is our first marriage and we are same age.did the officer asked about your refusal how did you answer about that. I think my refusal bring me to this interview. I feel stress and nervous this day..