+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Interview Questionaires, Experience, Preparations

CRocket

Feb 10, 2017
Dear Hasan Bhai,

I had our interview on January 19, 2017.

My spouse joined the interview. Everything went well. They kept our updated forms and police clearance certificates.

As of now we don't hear anything from SGVO. In further my medical may expire on April.

Could you please suggest what we should do now? Should I wait more or communicate with the VO?

Thanks.

jupiter16

May 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-16
AOR Received.
AOR 12-03-6, AOR2 30-03-16
File Transfer...
28-03-16
Med's Request
Remed request 12th nov,16
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
interview queued on 24-08-16, interview 8th dec,16
Passport Req..
01-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-17, passport back 19-02-17
LANDED..........
18-03-17
anyone knows how to apply for urgent PR? if its related to exam to appear?

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
CRocket said:
Dear Hasan Bhai,

I had our interview on January 19, 2017.

My spouse joined the interview. Everything went well. They kept our updated forms and police clearance certificates.

As of now we don't hear anything from SGVO. In further my medical may expire on April.

Could you please suggest what we should do now? Should I wait more or communicate with the VO?

Thanks.
Hi,

If the interview went well, no need to worry you will receive communication in 3-6 weeks. Sometimes it takes some more time.

I don't think you need to contact them now....!

Hasan

preet_5771

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Melbourne
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/7/16
AOR Received.
7/8/16
File Transfer...
8/8/16
Med's Request
Pre booked
Med's Done....
29/6/16
Interview........
21/2/17
Passport Req..
11/3/17
VISA ISSUED...
17/3/17
Hasan9999 said:
Hi,

If the interview went well, no need to worry you will receive communication in 3-6 weeks. Sometimes it takes some more time.

I don't think you need to contact them now....!

Hasan
Hi hassan bhai
I had an interview on 21st feb but its still in process.however,lady told me that my interview is approved.
Is there any chances to refuse after successfull interview?

mikochouye

Mar 3, 2017
Hi I got an interview in Etobicoke on March 16. And me and my fiance have been dated 10 year this year since high school( I was an international student). We got lots of evidence to proof that we are dated since then and lived together since 2008 from his first year university. I can't think of any evidence that we provided looks fake. I don't know why I got the interview. Also after they email us last November saying my fiance has met the requirement for eligibility as a sponsor. They also sent me an email saying need update of my medical report and criminal background check. I submitted everything at the end of December with all my wedding vendor contract which my wedding will be this July. I am wondering is this interview will slow down my immigration process? (more than 26 month? it has been 20 month already) I am really nervous about what make them doubt about our relationship.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
preet_5771 said:
Hi hassan bhai
I had an interview on 21st feb but its still in process.however,lady told me that my interview is approved.
Is there any chances to refuse after successfull interview?
Until you receive visa on your passport no body can guarantee but if you feel that the interview was good just sit back and relax! PPR is on the way!

Good luck!

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
mikochouye said:
Hi I got an interview in Etobicoke on March 16. And me and my fiance have been dated 10 year this year since high school( I was an international student). We got lots of evidence to proof that we are dated since then and lived together since 2008 from his first year university. I can't think of any evidence that we provided looks fake. I don't know why I got the interview. Also after they email us last November saying my fiance has met the requirement for eligibility as a sponsor. They also sent me an email saying need update of my medical report and criminal background check. I submitted everything at the end of December with all my wedding vendor contract which my wedding will be this July. I am wondering is this interview will slow down my immigration process? (more than 26 month? it has been 20 month already) I am really nervous about what make them doubt about our relationship.
Hi,

It could be a simple landing interview where they will ask you simple questions! I assume that both of you are living in Canada. Do you have legal status to live in Canada as a student? If the relationship is genuine why worry? Just bring all proofs in the interview, be yourself and answers logically.

What was the language of your interview letter? Can you share without personal information and date?

Hasan

mikochouye

Mar 3, 2017
Hasan9999 said:
Hi,

It could be a simple landing interview where they will ask you simple questions! I assume that both of you are living in Canada. Do you have legal status to live in Canada as a student? If the relationship is genuine why worry? Just bring all proofs in the interview, be yourself and answers logically.

What was the language of your interview letter? Can you share without personal information and date?

Hasan
Hi I am pretty sure is not a landing interview letter. I saw my friend got the landing interview paper asking to bring two id photo. But mine didn't. And online didn't say anything about aip or dm.

This what the letter say "In order to continue processing your immigration application, or the application of your relative in Canada, you and your spouse are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time indicated below:
Original Passport or travel document
Original driver’s license and OHIP card from both
Original marriage certificate and translation
Original Full divorce decree documents (if either you or your spouse have been previously married)
Birth certificate (long format) for any children you may have with your spouse or from any other relationship
Letters from employers for you and your spouse indicating nature of employment, salary and length of time employed. (If self-employed, a statement of income from your bookkeeper or accountant)
Copy of you and your spouse’s income tax returns filed from 2015 and 2016, including T1 and Notice of Assessment. If you have any year missing, you must obtain it from the CRA.
And second page more stuff need to bring

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
mikochouye said:
Hi I am pretty sure is not a landing interview letter. I saw my friend got the landing interview paper asking to bring two id photo. But mine didn't. And online didn't say anything about aip or dm.

This what the letter say "In order to continue processing your immigration application, or the application of your relative in Canada, you and your spouse are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time indicated below:
Original Passport or travel document
Original driver’s license and OHIP card from both
Original marriage certificate and translation
Original Full divorce decree documents (if either you or your spouse have been previously married)
Birth certificate (long format) for any children you may have with your spouse or from any other relationship
Letters from employers for you and your spouse indicating nature of employment, salary and length of time employed. (If self-employed, a statement of income from your bookkeeper or accountant)
Copy of you and your spouse’s income tax returns filed from 2015 and 2016, including T1 and Notice of Assessment. If you have any year missing, you must obtain it from the CRA.
And second page more stuff need to bring
Hi,

If that's a spousal sponsorship interview, you better prepare yourself very professionally. Take a look of the past posts of this thread and prepare nicely. Please remember every case is unique and pay attention to every details of your application.

If you bring all the papers and documents they want and if you answer all questions very clearly, you will get a positive decision on your interview. Please make sure that you and your spouse answers similarly to any questions. They want to see that the relationship is genuine and all informations furnished by you or your sponsors are 100% true and there is no ambiguity whatsoever.

Good luck!

Hasan

mikochouye

Mar 3, 2017
Hasan9999 said:
Hi,

If that's a spousal sponsorship interview, you better prepare yourself very professionally. Take a look of the past posts of this thread and prepare nicely. Please remember every case is unique and pay attention to every details of your application.

If you bring all the papers and documents they want and if you answer all questions very clearly, you will get a positive decision on your interview. Please make sure that you and your spouse answers similarly to any questions. They want to see that the relationship is genuine and all informations furnished by you or your sponsors are 100% true and there is no ambiguity whatsoever.

Good luck!

Hasan
Thanks for the advise. I am wondering if we proof that our relationship is genuine. After the interview the process will be speed up or will take a even longer time to complete? Is already been 20months. Will the interview cause my case take more than 26 months to complete?

Thanks

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
mikochouye said:
Thanks for the advise. I am wondering if we proof that our relationship is genuine. After the interview the process will be speed up or will take a even longer time to complete? Is already been 20months. Will the interview cause my case take more than 26 months to complete?

Thanks
If you can convince them fully in the interview, you will get approval within 4-6 weeks.

Hasan

preet_5771

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Melbourne
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/7/16
AOR Received.
7/8/16
File Transfer...
8/8/16
Med's Request
Pre booked
Med's Done....
29/6/16
Interview........
21/2/17
Passport Req..
11/3/17
VISA ISSUED...
17/3/17
Hi hassan
Do you know how much time canadian PR can live outside canada at a strech?
My wife came to australia and its been 4 months.
Do you have any idea please reply asap because i neaad to arrange ticket.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
prvc said:
Canadian PRs have to stay in Canada the whole time the sponsorship is in process. A vacation for a couple of weeks up to a month is the safest, but 4 months is entirely pushing it. You may face refusal if they find this out.
I fully agree!

Also Canadian PR or even a Canadian citizen if stay away from Canada over six months, CRA may consider/declare him/her as non resident and may ask for refunds if any tax benefits allowed in the past....

Hasan

preet_5771

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Melbourne
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/7/16
AOR Received.
7/8/16
File Transfer...
8/8/16
Med's Request
Pre booked
Med's Done....
29/6/16
Interview........
21/2/17
Passport Req..
11/3/17
VISA ISSUED...
17/3/17
Hasan9999 said:
I fully agree!

Also Canadian PR or even a Canadian citizen if stay away from Canada over six months, CRA may consider/declare him/her as non resident and may ask for refunds if any tax benefits allowed in the past....

Hasan
So it means she has to go back within six months?