+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Interview Questionaires, Experience, Preparations

jaskaranjeet

Mar 2, 2012
Hi guys My wife had her interview at New delhi office and after the interview they kept her passport for visa. how will they send passport back to us and how will we know that they have sent it back?
Do we have to send them anything else
how long it takes?

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
jaskaranjeet said:
Hi guys My wife had her interview at New delhi office and after the interview they kept her passport for visa. how will they send passport back to us and how will we know that they have sent it back?
Do we have to send them anything else
how long it takes?
Hi,

If visa officer was satisfied, your wife's visa will be stamped in her passport in due course though it is not very common to collect the passport by the visa officer on the interview date under spousal sponsorship PR visa!

If you have any confusion you may contact your visa office by email.

Without full background check, the VO won't issue the visa. You might have some idea about current status of your background check from your recent GCMS notes (in case you already collected recently).

Hasan

Dlink514

Sep 8, 2016
preet_5771 said:
Hi dlink
Thank you very much for sharing info.
I really appreciate it.Did you take screenshots and printed them to take with you?
And can i take screen shots of facebook check ins or something like this and print them?
Because they clearly mentioned that i cant take any electronics with me.
Thanks for help

Yes take screen shots of all and print them either paper or pictures.

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
Please I need a help here,I was called for interview next week Tuesday ,but I'm not very prepared ,I don't have my original marriage certificate they ask of me at hand now,if I ask them postponed the interview will it make them to refused me? Or will it make my application to take a very long time again? I was only given 6 days to interview date?

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Timosky99 said:
Please I need a help here,I was called for interview next week Tuesday ,but I'm not very prepared ,I don't have my original marriage certificate they ask of me at hand now,if I ask them postponed the interview will it make them to refused me? Or will it make my application to take a very long time again? I was only given 6 days to interview date?
Hi Timosky99,

You can email them that you couldn't arrange the original marriage certificate yet but already applied for it ( you should apply asap...show them proof that you already applied...which you should have in your record anyways as this is the most important relationship proof). Can't you collect it urgently?

Once you ask for reschedule, your file will be delayed for a long long time depending on the workload of your visa office.

Meanwhile you can prepare nicely with other documents, answers and can attend the interview with logical explanation why the marriage certificate is not in your possession. Your wife's presence may be beneficial at the interview venue! Is that possible?

Hasan

can1989

Dec 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
22-01-2016
Med's Request
none
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Interview........
Hope NOT :(
Passport Req..
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
VISA ISSUED...
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
LANDED..........
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
hi hassan

i was wondering if u can guide as to what i should do- interview jan 16 officer satisfied- she told us she needs one week to review the file and after that we will hear back - we still have no heard back?

should i order my notes or do an mp inquiry in march?

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
can1989 said:
hi hassan

i was wondering if u can guide as to what i should do- interview jan 16 officer satisfied- she told us she needs one week to review the file and after that we will hear back - we still have no heard back?

should i order my notes or do an mp inquiry in march?
Congratulations on your successful interview!

What you need just a little more patience, just hang in there some more time (usually 3-8 weeks).

No this is way too early to contact your visa office!

I think you are very close to receive your PPR....

Hasan

Jessy200

Feb 16, 2017
Re: Spousal Sponsorship

Hello everyone

My application has been approved my Mississauga office on the 2nd of February and now send to Dar es Salaam. Has anyone had or is having application handled there. how long in average does it take to approve.

thanks in advance and good luck everyone

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016

Jessy200 said:
Hello everyone

My application has been approved my Mississauga office on the 2nd of February and now send to Dar es Salaam. Has anyone had or is having application handled there. how long in average does it take to approve.

thanks in advance and good luck everyone
I don't know about your visa office but the general trend is if your case is pretty straightforward with no red flags, you may expect visa anywhere from 6 months to one year!

Hasan

Eldis Memushi

Feb 18, 2017

Please HELP ME!
I received this email yesterday.In my email has not ever been a message to the required passports for visa.
I may risk being refused a visa???

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

On 5 January 2017 you were requested to provide your passports for visa issuance. To date these have not been provided. If these are not provided a decision will be taken on your application based on the information on file.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016

Eldis Memushi said:
Please HELP ME!
I received this email yesterday.In my email has not ever been a message to the required passports for visa.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

On 5 January 2017 you were requested to provide your passports for visa issuance. To date these have not been provided. If these are not provided a decision will be taken on your application based on the information on file.
Hi Eldis,

Please check your junk email. What about your spouse who was also supposed to receive a copy of the mail!!

Anyway, you somehow missed their correspondence. Do they have correct email addresses of you and your spouse in their record?? So please communicate with them asap:

I have confusions...did you collect GCMS notes to know what anomalies they found and may have asked for clarification?

1) Email them saying you haven't received their said correspondence. Don't forget to give your UCI number, file number, mailing address, updated email addresses of you and your spouse.
2) Tell them you are a bit surprised and shocked to receive this letter. You are ready to send them passports and whatever papers or documents as required.
3) Let your spouse in Canada contact her local federal MP asap to immediately intervene towards resolving the issue.
4) Submit online on the CIC website a self explanatory letter responding to the issue asap.

If they gave you 30 days time to send your passport, it would be difficult to reverse....so act very fast....

Hope things will work out fine eventually.

Good luck!

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016

Eldis Memushi said:
Please HELP ME!

Quote from: Eldis Memushi on February 18, 2017, 06:40:54 pm
The process started before 2 years ago. We have submitted the full dossier prepared by lawyer in Rome together with all the things we are asked by email on date 20/10/2016.. medical exm criminal record ,photos for pr card etc. .. In proces is me, my brother,my mother, and my father was also located in Canada for 4 years where he won the trial as a REFUGEE PROTECT STATUS. Yesterday was the date of his intevistes in Canada and he signed for himself and for us on some files.The problem is that we do not have email by ambassy of Rome on 5janary 2017 to send passport for visa

I think you are in the wrong thread here...these part of the forum is for spousal sponsorship (citizen or permanent resident of Canada who are filing for spousal PR visa).

Please check with your lawyer asap to sort out the matter.

You can explore the following thread of the forum for necessary feedback:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/refugees-and-asylum-b56.0/

Good luck!

Hasan

preet_5771

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Melbourne
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/7/16
AOR Received.
7/8/16
File Transfer...
8/8/16
Med's Request
Pre booked
Med's Done....
29/6/16
Interview........
21/2/17
Passport Req..
11/3/17
VISA ISSUED...
17/3/17
Hasan9999 said:
Hi,

If visa officer was satisfied, your wife's visa will be stamped in her passport in due course though it is not very common to collect the passport by the visa officer on the interview date under spousal sponsorship PR visa!

If you have any confusion you may contact your visa office by email.

Without full background check, the VO won't issue the visa. You might have some idea about current status of your background check from your recent GCMS notes (in case you already collected recently).

Hasan
Hi hassan
Do they check background after interview or before that and what they check in background check.
I mean do they call my employers and check my work history cuz i dnt actually remember where didi i work all the time.i filled in form approximate dates and my interview is on 21st of feb means day after tomorrow.
Please answer me asap so i can prepare for it.do call my employers or anyone during the interview?
So i can make rhem available that day

Reactions: MRS STYLZ

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
preet_5771 said:
Hi hassan
Do they check background after interview or before that and what they check in background check.
I mean do they call my employers and check my work history cuz i dnt actually remember where didi i work all the time.i filled in form approximate dates and my interview is on 21st of feb means day after tomorrow.
Please answer me asap so i can prepare for it.do call my employers or anyone during the interview?
So i can make rhem available that day
Background check is a routine process done independently by separate offices. Usually this is done after interview but you can get the status from your GCMS notes. No I don't think they will check with your previous employers. They might check with respective Govt. departments for security clearance or criminal record clearance.

Yes if they want they definitely can call your present employer but that is most unlikely!

Just prepare yourself nicely to face your interview with full confidence.

Good luck!

Hasan

Reactions: MRS STYLZ

Eldis Memushi

Feb 18, 2017
PLEASE HASSAN help me with this question?
My girlfriend went to Canada before 3 months and has permanent card. It is sponsored by the father who has refugee status in protection. Can She turn it in the country of origin to marry with me?Huh?it has a legal right to return to their country of origin and to marry me??? I have 4 years relationship with my girlfriend... Thanks in advance