+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal sponsorship inland. Visit record extension imm 5708

gingersnap

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
hello everyone, i am extremely overwhelmed with all these applications, we currently gathering out spousal sponsorship documents and at the same time doing visitor record extension. i would like to ask if someone can give me a light to my questions.

IMM 5708
under COMING INTO CANADA
1. Date and place of your original entry to Canada - which one should i put here? My husband came to Canada for the first time in 2015 to visit me for 11 days and as well as on 2017 for 3 weeks and his recent entry was january 2024 and never been outside Canada since we are in process for applying for spousal Inland. Should i enter here the date when he came in 2015? I am contemplating if i am going to enter that date when he came this January 2024.

2, Date and place of your most recent entry to Canada? here i should enter january 2024?

3. National Identity Document - My husband has a National ID but it's already expired on April 2024. Can i still enter the information of his national ID? and make an LOE that its expired? or I don't have to include an LOE?

Under BACKGROUND INFORMATION

1. in Question #4. Did you serve in Military, Militia or civil defence unit or serve in security organization or police force ( including not obligatory national service, reserve or volunteer unit)?
My husband is a Croatian Citizen and under their law before there was a mandatory military service, he was in military training for 6 months in 2003 but never been in active combat. should he still disclose this in the form even though he had not been in active combat? Also, he worked as a security guard in a Mall. does Security guard applies here too?

Thank you.

Newexpressuser

Oct 16, 2018
The guide might be able to clarify some answers for you

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5551-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada.html#5551E4

As per the guide

For question 1, Provide the date and the place where you first entered in Canada, so if 2015 is the first entry you might enter this here
Question 3 Provide the date and the place of your recent entry to Canada, this would be Jan 2024 if this is when he came to canada most recently.

I would have written a brief LOE for the expired National Identity document.

Some expert on the group may be able to help with question 4

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, the military service must be disclosed. No, being a security guard does not (unless possibly it was some kind of govt entity).