+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship inland Quebec/never recieved invitation

emile19

Aug 24, 2023
My wife is sponsoring me, a US citizen, for Permanent Residency in Quebec. We sent our completed forms to IIRC in September 2022, received my Open Work Permit in October. In November we received a letter from IIRC to do the Quebec paper work but the letter was not the "invitation", just that IIRC received it. We spoke to Quebec immigration about this letter and they said to not send it in yet because it would be returned because it would not be the right form from IIRC, and for us to wait for the "invitation" letter from IIRC. Then we got the same "received" letter from IIRC in June, but still no "invitation in the letter."

Today we received an email from IRCC saying we are not eligible because we did not complete the Quebec forms in time.

We are lost about what to do.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My wife is sponsoring me, a US citizen, for Permanent Residency in Quebec. We sent our completed forms to IIRC in September 2022, received my Open Work Permit in October. In November we received a letter from IIRC to do the Quebec paper work but the letter was not the "invitation", just that IIRC received it. We spoke to Quebec immigration about this letter and they said to not send it in yet because it would be returned because it would not be the right form from IIRC, and for us to wait for the "invitation" letter from IIRC. Then we got the same "received" letter from IIRC in June, but still no "invitation in the letter."

Today we received an email from IRCC saying we are not eligible because we did not complete the Quebec forms in time.

I'm not aware of any "invitation". I thought that as soon as you receive the letter from IRCC, you submit the Quebec paperwork. I'm sure others will comment.

Reactions: YVR123

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Actually, you need either Sponsor Approval letter OR a letter where IRCC asks to apply for CSQ. In my case it was SA.
Quebec explicitly requires this letter to be sent along with its forms. It has its own checkmark in the MIFI checklist.

There is even a thread in the Quebec section of this forum where people sent documents to MIFI without this or mistakenly sent AOR letters and got their forms returned to them.

Do you have a sponsor approval letter?

Zuzu1983

Mar 23, 2023
Montréal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12-03-2023
AOR Received.
01-04-2023
Med's Request
06-04-2023
Med's Done....
10-04-2023

Oh wow, that sucks!
The IRCC letter that says to do the Quebec paperwork IS the invitation. As soon as IRCC tells you to do it, you must.

Reactions: scylla

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
It used to be in the AOR (got that invitation to apply for CSQ in AOR in July 2018 before cancelling the application later). Now, I got the same invitation in the Sponsor Approval letter and many others got the same so if you receive an SA letter, please read it and make sure it mentions the invitation to apply for CSQ and do it promptly.