+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in Quebec

ancrag

May 26, 2019
Hi All,

I have been living in Quebec for almost 4 years. I came on a study permit and now i am on 3 year open work permit. I had applied for CSQ an year back and now because of the new rules my application was closed and i had to apply through Arrima portal.

I had a long term GF (7 years now), and we decided she would move to Canada. She applied through express entry, got her PR and once she landed we got married here in Montreal a month back. Now she should be able to sponsor me for PR and my question is do we need to go through Quebec family sponsorship even though she doesnt have a CSQ or we would get it through federal process? What could be the complications in this situation? And finally how long would it take for me to get PR in this situation? My work permit expires in May 2020. I cant find an answer because it seems my situation is unique.

Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

I have been living in Quebec for almost 4 years. I came on a study permit and now i am on 3 year open work permit. I had applied for CSQ an year back and now because of the new rules my application was closed and i had to apply through Arrima portal.

I had a long term GF (7 years now), and we decided she would move to Canada. She applied through express entry, got her PR and once she landed we got married here in Montreal a month back. Now she should be able to sponsor me for PR and my question is do we need to go through Quebec family sponsorship even though she doesnt have a CSQ or we would get it through federal process? What could be the complications in this situation? And finally how long would it take for me to get PR in this situation? My work permit expires in May 2020. I cant find an answer because it seems my situation is unique.

Thanks.
Your situation is not unique. She needs to sponsor you for PR through the federal process. Expect it to take a year.