+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship In Land Concerns

HalienChills

Aug 1, 2023
Hi all,
My husband is in the country with me, from the US. We have applied for the spousal sponsorship permanent resident application. We applied in October. Since then he had sent in his biometrics as requested by the IRCC, this happened in April. In May we received confirmation that I was eligible to sponsor my husband and he was eligible to be sponsored. We had previously submitted his medical from Immigration in the sponsorship application.
Since then we haven't received anything.
I do realize it is very much a waiting game. I want to make sure there's nothing else that needs to be done and that I just need to wait it out?

What can be expected from this point forward?
When I check on the IRCC website the status says "Submitted."
I appreciate all the help
Regards,

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
My husband is in the country with me, from the US. We have applied for the spousal sponsorship permanent resident application. We applied in October. Since then he had sent in his biometrics as requested by the IRCC, this happened in April. In May we received confirmation that I was eligible to sponsor my husband and he was eligible to be sponsored. We had previously submitted his medical from Immigration in the sponsorship application.
I do realize it is very much a waiting game. I want to make sure there's nothing else that needs to be done and that I just need to wait it out?

What can be expected from this point forward?
I appreciate all the help
Regards,
You answered your own question...it's now a waiting game. You have already met the most important qualifier: being approved to sponsor!

If it helps, most U.S. citizens applying for PR seem to have a quicker process.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We had previously submitted his medical from Immigration in the sponsorship application.
I missed in your other thread that medicals were already submitted (perhaps my oversight, or maybe you didn't mention). If so, nothing too strange about this, although sponsor approval took longer than usual. (Was sponsor out of country or anything like that?)

Anyway - now pretty normal.

You should check and report more clearly here what it shows on the gckey page. There should be entries about several things, including biometrics and medical, as well as some other steps (that aren't very informative but still should be there). Providing partial information won't get you much useful assistance.