+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship in express time

Nov 17, 2016
I've been trying to find information regarding this, but haven't found anything yet!
Just wanted to ask if anyone got their PR spousal sponsorship application approved much faster than the listed processing times, especially for outland applications?
Or if you know about someone who got theirs approved faster? Just checking to see the experiences of people, and what to expect with my application. Someone told me that for genuine cases, where the application is well prepared, it could get processed faster than the listed processing times. But I'm not sure if that's true.

Please let me know.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - lots of people get their applications processed faster than the posted time. So yes - certainly possible.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's pretty common for most people to complete the Outland process faster than what CIC shows. The posted times are how long it has taken CIC to process 80% of those applications.

For example, many U.S. citizens are completing the race in ~ 6 months (+/-), which is also true for those from Australia, New Zealand, the UK, etc., and can be verified by reading through the appropriate outland threads for those countries.

Where are you (or your spouse/partner) from?

Nov 17, 2016
Ponga said:
It's pretty common for most people to complete the Outland process faster than what CIC shows. The posted times are how long it has taken CIC to process 80% of those applications.

For example, many U.S. citizens are completing the race in ~ 6 months (+/-), which is also true for those from Australia, New Zealand, the UK, etc., and can be verified by reading through the appropriate outland threads for those countries.

Where are you (or your spouse/partner) from?
Thank for your responses both of you. I am originally from India, but been a temporary resident of Canada for a few years now. My spouse is a Canadian citizen. I sent my application under outland category last month. However, I see that now, IRCC doesn't process applications by visa office, but by country of residence. I'm hoping that's true because on their website, processing times for India are higher than for application submitted from Canada.

When my spouse checks her status online, it says application received Oct 2, 2016; started processing Nov 14th; and AOR sent Nov 15th. On my account, the status changed to medical results-'Passed' earlier this week. I just checked, and my review of eligibility also got changed from 'not started' to 'review in progress'. So, it seems like things are running fine so far. Fingers crossed, hoping for a quicker turnover for my application.

Thanks for your help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mountainaddiction said:
Thank for your responses both of you. I am originally from India
There are several New Delhi threads. I suggest you join them to get an idea of current ND processing times.

Nov 17, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
There are several New Delhi threads. I suggest you join them to get an idea of current ND processing times.
Thanks. But from what I know so far, my application will be processed in Ottawa since I'm a resident of Canada for the last few years, not India. I could be wrong though!

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
mountainaddiction said:
Thanks. But from what I know so far, my application will be processed in Ottawa since I'm a resident of Canada for the last few years, not India. I could be wrong though!
Yes you are most likely wrong. In some cases they will balance the work load by sharing applications with other offices. But unlikely.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mountainaddiction said:
The vast majority of applicants are processed by the VO of nationality, not the VO of residence. Your app will most likely go to ND.

Nov 17, 2016
Thanks everyone. My spouse got approved as a sponsor today, and they sent my application to New Delhi for processing. On my cic account, it already shoes my application 'under review' and medical results 'passed'
Here's a timeline of things so far:
Application received: Oct 27
Application started being processed: Nov 14
AOR sent: Nov 15
Sponsor approved: Nov 23