+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal sponsorship imm 5532 part c

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am in the same situation; what did you answer to this question 4; the checklist asks for proof of visit such as passport entry exit stamp, tickets, which we wouldn't have since we have not visited in the weeks after moving to Canada. still wondering whether this would be yes or no
That member hasn't been seen here in over a year - and possibly ended up applying inland.

Anyway, I think answer to your question: I'd answer 'yes' and include explanation that you lived together until very recently, and show any kind of proof of that (lease? residency proof in country of question? etc).

Note you say 'same situation' so will just assume other main points similar. The OP in that thread had originally included family as non-accompanying so info would have been provided at that time as well.

kaur1172

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi Guys,
For the question
Did you have any contact before you met in person?
If yes, give details (e.g. who initiated the first contact, date of first contact, was it by phone, letter, e-mail, social media, etc.

We met online on social media. (and Lived together before marriage too)
Shoud I also add a screenshot of our first chat showing where we said Hi to each other.
As I am applying online application. after the paragraph, I can add screenshot of the first chat in the same additional sheet if it makes sense to do so

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We met online on social media. (and Lived together before marriage too)
Shoud I also add a screenshot of our first chat showing where we said Hi to each other.
As I am applying online application. after the paragraph, I can add screenshot of the first chat in the same additional sheet if it makes sense to do so
You can add that stuff if you want, but you have to decide whether it adds something useful.

My gut reaction is that the time you spent living together and physically together is far more importnat..

Reactions: kaur1172

amit3singla

Feb 21, 2024
imm 5532 document part c. information about relationship questions.

1. are you living together now ?
yes

2. how often do you communicate when you are not together?
what to fill in that question if we are living together and I go to the office 3 days in a week(9am to 5.30pm)?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
2. how often do you communicate when you are not together?
what to fill in that question if we are living together and I go to the office 3 days in a week(9am to 5.30pm)?
I think this question is mostly irrelevant for those living together. Pretty sure we just responded phone, email, couple times a day, whatever. Wouldn't worry about this if you are living together.

amit3singla

Feb 21, 2024
imm 5532 document part c. information about relationship questions.
1. Were there formal ceremonies or events to recognize or celebrate your relationship

We had the roka ceremony in India and there were 35 members from both sides (groom and bride). But I (the groom) was not there on that occasion, and the bride was there. Because that time I was in Canada. Should I add this ceremony?

Last edited:

amit3singla

Feb 21, 2024
Hi, my spouse and I are in Canada and my spouse has PR and I am on work permit. So I am applying PR(spouse sponsor inland category).
my spouse and I are filling out all forms together. As my spouse is also helping to fill out forms. Do we need to make representative to my spouse and need to fill representative form?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, my spouse and I are in Canada and my spouse has PR and I am on work permit. So I am applying PR(spouse sponsor inland category).
my spouse and I are filling out all forms together. As my spouse is also helping to fill out forms. Do we need to make representative to my spouse and need to fill representative form?
It is not required but can make things easier if the sponsor needs to make inquiries about the file later. So mark as recommended.

amit3singla

Feb 21, 2024
I have a police certificate of two countries(India and Hungary),
In the supporting document section - police certificate upload, Is it better to upload it separately or attach it to one document?

Can you tell what would be the proper names for these two documents?