+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal sponsorship imm 5532 part c

downtoplanet

Jan 17, 2019
imm 5532 document part c. information about relationship questions.

are you living together now ? yes / no

i received canadian pr last year and then a job and then i moved to canada in jan 2019. my family is still back in the uk. so we are not living together now. so i selected No.

it says, if no explain: so i wrote just that. i now have a job so moved to canada and family is back home.

but part c, question 4 is confusing. if are not living together , have you visited each other during your relationship ? yes or no ?

does relationship here means right from the day we got married, what have we done to visit each other ?

it has only been a week since i moved to canada and started my job. so obviously i have not gone back and met my family. should i say no ?

or say yes and list all the times were together since marriage. because we were living together for most part of the last 7 years except when i was studying abroad for a year and now for that last 1 week.

part c question 6 : how often do you communicate when you are not together and how ?

we talk daily now on facetime and whattsapp as regular husband and wife but we dont send greeting cards and gifts other such stuff. should i write just that. what proof will i have to provide of my whattsapp and facetime calls ? ridiculous.

part c , question 8: if your marriage was arranged ? explain how ? our marriage was arranged and we met via a family friend. liked each other and got married simple. only a couple of lines about this will suffice or do i have to list a full story of how was the marriage arranged.

and should i write more explanation for question 11.

what proof do we have to submit. we have a marriage certificate, 7 years of staying together and a child as proof. do we need to submit the original marriage invitation card, marriage video dvd etc ?

thanks for all the help.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
say yes and explain how you have been together before and since marriage.

only a couple of lines.

Marriage certificates
  • For spousal sponsorships, make sure you include a valid marriage certificate or proof of registration of your marriage with your application (see checklist details). The document(s) you submit must show that the marriage was legally registered with the government where it took place.

marriage certificate, marriage card.....submit the other documents as required in the checklist.

Reactions: downtoplanet

downtoplanet

Jan 17, 2019
thanks for the reply. much appreciated.

but my question specifically is around these two questions :

Part c, question 3 : are you living together now ? yes / no

should i say yes or no ? because technically since last week we are not living together as I have moved to canada to start my job and she is still in the uk. but before that we were always together.

part c, question 4: if you have not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship ? so if i say yes to question 3, should i just skip this question.

or if i say no to question 3, i can then say yes here and show all the things you mentioned above for me to show... like what all we did since marriage to live together for the past 7 years along with the marriage certificate etc.

thanks for your help again.

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
imm 5532 document part c. information about relationship questions.

are you living together now ? yes / no

i received canadian pr last year and then a job and then i moved to canada in jan 2019. my family is still back in the uk. so we are not living together now. so i selected No.

it says, if no explain: so i wrote just that. i now have a job so moved to canada and family is back home.

but part c, question 4 is confusing. if are not living together , have you visited each other during your relationship ? yes or no ?

does relationship here means right from the day we got married, what have we done to visit each other ?

it has only been a week since i moved to canada and started my job. so obviously i have not gone back and met my family. should i say no ?

or say yes and list all the times were together since marriage. because we were living together for most part of the last 7 years except when i was studying abroad for a year and now for that last 1 week.

part c question 6 : how often do you communicate when you are not together and how ?

we talk daily now on facetime and whattsapp as regular husband and wife but we dont send greeting cards and gifts other such stuff. should i write just that. what proof will i have to provide of my whattsapp and facetime calls ? ridiculous.

part c , question 8: if your marriage was arranged ? explain how ? our marriage was arranged and we met via a family friend. liked each other and got married simple. only a couple of lines about this will suffice or do i have to list a full story of how was the marriage arranged.

and should i write more explanation for question 11.

what proof do we have to submit. we have a marriage certificate, 7 years of staying together and a child as proof. do we need to submit the original marriage invitation card, marriage video dvd etc ?

thanks for all the help.
I think there is a way to download your WhatsApp conversation, I will be doing that for my application as we always talk daily. If you are currently living together for your answer it would be no, you can explain why in the box. Summit the pictures and all other proofs that you have. I dont think they accept videos but pictures they do. And maybe letters from friends and family that can vouch for your relationship. Everything that you need to submit is on the checklist.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Part c, question 3 : are you living together now ? No

part c, question 4: if you have not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship ? provide explanation

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
thanks for the reply. much appreciated.

but my question specifically is around these two questions :

Part c, question 3 : are you living together now ? yes / no

should i say yes or no ? because technically since last week we are not living together as I have moved to canada to start my job and she is still in the uk. but before that we were always together.

part c, question 4: if you have not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship ? so if i say yes to question 3, should i just skip this question.

or if i say no to question 3, i can then say yes here and show all the things you mentioned above for me to show... like what all we did since marriage to live together for the past 7 years along with the marriage certificate etc.

thanks for your help again.
You are not living together so answer no. But when you provide the explanation show proof that you were living together previously e.g. mail, tax return, for both and just explain as you have here that you recently moved for a job.
Since you were only away from each other for a short time you won't have that much proof of contact. You can screenshot a selection of your conversations from whatsapp and print them

downtoplanet

Jan 17, 2019
i am still confused on this one point.

Part c, question 3 : are you living together now ? No

part c, question 4: if you have not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship ? provide explanation
thanks for this wakki. but still confused about part c, question 4.

quote: form 5532, part c, question 4 : if you are not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship ? yes or no.

technically after moving to canada i have not visited her. it has been only been two weeks since i started my new job so i have not visited her. should i say no here and then provide an explanation of why not.

is this question actually asking... if you not living together now, what have you done to mantain your relationship since you got married or just since i moved to canada couple of weeks back ?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
you are not living together now but if you visited her before marriage and during your relationship......answer YES.

downtoplanet

Jan 17, 2019
you are not living together now but if you visited her before marriage and during your relationship......answer YES.
thanks. but we were living together until like 2 weeks back for the last seven years except for 1 year when i was studying. and we visited each other during that time. should i write only about the visits during that one year or show the years where we were just living together.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
you are not living together as at the time the application will be submitted and you visited or lived together during your marriage/relationship prior to submitting the application.....so answer YES......provide the visit during that time and may explain how you earlier lived together before moving to Canada 2 weeks ago

Mar 12, 2018
I am in the same boat, landed in canada couple of months back, but my kids and wife are in home country. we have been married for 15 years. Now i am also really confused what to answer PART C

harsimrankaur24

Apr 9, 2019
Hi All,

I have confusion in ques 8. which state

8. Have you married , Was your marriage arranged?

But me and my husband was in love relationship and we asked our parents to make arrangements for our marriage. So my parents did wedding arrangements and my husbands parents did reception arrangements.

So here should we select arrange marriage as YES or NO?

Please answer ASAP.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

I have confusion in ques 8. which state

8. Have you married , Was your marriage arranged?

But me and my husband was in love relationship and we asked our parents to make arrangements for our marriage. So my parents did wedding arrangements and my husbands parents did reception arrangements.

So here should we select arrange marriage as YES or NO?

Please answer ASAP.

Thanks
Arranged marriage = they picked your spouse. It does not mean they planned the wedding.

Reactions: YVR123

dri@Canada

Apr 10, 2021
thanks. but we were living together until like 2 weeks back for the last seven years except for 1 year when i was studying. and we visited each other during that time. should i write only about the visits during that one year or show the years where we were just living together.
I am in the same situation; what did you answer to this question 4; the checklist asks for proof of visit such as passport entry exit stamp, tickets, which we wouldn't have since we have not visited in the weeks after moving to Canada. still wondering whether this would be yes or no