+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship From India

alyssa1989

Star Member
May 4, 2021
Hello All
I have few questions and concern, not sure if someone could help me.
I sent in my application on March 23rd this yr to sponsor My husband from India. My question is, how long does it take for them to send me a letter of confirmation saying it has been accepted and ready for process or anything saying it was received

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello All
I have few questions and concern, not sure if someone could help me.
I sent in my application on March 23rd this yr to sponsor My husband from India. My question is, how long does it take for them to send me a letter of confirmation saying it has been accepted and ready for process or anything saying it was received
The time frame is variable, some have been a few weeks to many months during covid. Normally the 1st you will hear is what is called on here as AOR1, a letter saying your app is being processed, it will have the application and UCI number. Having said that, these days some people are not receiving this letter but instead are getting a biometrics, medical request etc. as being the first contact from IRCC. All you can do is keep an eye on your emails including trash and spam files for an email from them. When you get any of those emails you will know they have started processing your app.

alyssa1989

Star Member
May 4, 2021
Thank you for the information, could you please clear one more thing. Would the email be sent to me who is the sponsor or my husband email. It is very frustrating. I just really need to knw if everything was accepted.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the information, could you please clear one more thing. Would the email be sent to me who is the sponsor or my husband email. It is very frustrating. I just really need to knw if everything was accepted.
Did you not pay for tracking to make sure the application was received?

alyssa1989

Star Member
May 4, 2021
Yes I did but I am referring to a letter of acknowledgement or so. But my questions is answered. Thanks.