+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship from India* Full Timeline, Tips and Experience

arod1

Sep 27, 2018
Hey!!

No we sent it to the Mississauga office. I just meant we sent the application from India via FedEx. For legal documents regarding our marriage we just sent in our notarized marriage certificate and that’s all. We got it notarized in India. And no we didn’t wait for the addition of the spouse on the passport. Hope this helped! Good luck!!

Hey

That makes things so much easier. I am trying to coordinate with my lawyer in Bangalore for the legal procedure. not adding the spouses name to the passport saves a lot of time too. You pointed out that you notarised your marriage certificate, so that would be something we will have to do when we are in India. I have a lot of pictures and information regarding our relationship that goes back to 2006 so that should not be any issue . Thank you for taking the time to list everything , it is so helpful especially having really current information that is similar to our situation helps a lot!

So as of now your husband has his visa and the two of you will be landing in Canada soon I assume?
Cheers!

MiaNair

Sep 4, 2018
I totally understand your frustration. I forgot to mention that when we sent in our app it was stated that it should be sent to Mississauga. I noticed that it’s now Sydney so just double check with that.

As for notarization, we notarized just the crucial documents like both birth certificates, old school records, marriage cert, fixed deposit statement, Aadhar photocopy and such.

No problem! Glad to help...I remember having so many questions when we were starting our app. And yess! We are actually on the way now!

That makes things so much easier. I am trying to coordinate with my lawyer in Bangalore for the legal procedure. not adding the spouses name to the passport saves a lot of time too. You pointed out that you notarised your marriage certificate, so that would be something we will have to do when we are in India. I have a lot of pictures and information regarding our relationship that goes back to 2006 so that should not be any issue . Thank you for taking the time to list everything , it is so helpful especially having really current information that is similar to our situation helps a lot!

So as of now your husband has his visa and the two of you will be landing in Canada soon I assume?
Cheers!