+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship for my husband

Nov 27, 2020
Hello everyone

I hope everyone's keeping well and safe.

I reached here a few months ago. Now I need to sponsor my husband. While preparing my application, my husband was included as a dependent spouse. He did his PCC and medical along with me as was suggested by the consultant. When I received my CoPR , his name was printed under dependent , relation as spouse and has a different UCI number from mine.

My queries are, First, whether I can use the same UCI given to him as said in my CoPR because I am filling a new application for spouse? Both UCI and application numbers are asked in the forms. I am confused because he has a UCI number but the spousal application is new.

Second, his passport expires in May 2021, Can I submit his application now and later link his new passport details with his profile When created? And whether it is possible?

Third, is there any specific amount to be shown as proof of fund by the sponsor?

Your guidance would be highly appreciated

Thank you and take care

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Why exactly do you wanna sponsor your spouse if he is included as a dependant on you PR application?? I may have misunderstood your situation.. I was the principal applicant when I applied for PR.. My husband and daughter were my dependants.. we all landed in Canada together last year.. I did not have to sponsor my husband.. Maybe if you elaborate more on your situation someone here can advise you better :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why exactly do you wanna sponsor your spouse if he is included as a dependant on you PR application?? I may have misunderstood your situation.. I was the principal applicant when I applied for PR.. My husband and daughter were my dependants.. we all landed in Canada together last year.. I did not have to sponsor my husband.. Maybe if you elaborate more on your situation someone here can advise you better :)
He was an unaccompanied dependent likely to get a higher CRS score

Nov 27, 2020
Hi. He was unaccompanying in my application. Which means that only I was allowed to travel and I have to be here when he plans to travel. When I approached my consultant after landing here, he said a separate spousal application is required.

Reactions: DFARGHALY88

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Hi. He was unaccompanying in my application. Which means that only I was allowed to travel and I have to be here when he plans to travel. When I approached my consultant after landing here, he said a separate spousal application is required.
In that case you are correct.. you have to sponsor him... FYI the UCI remains the same.. it will not change.. every person has a "Unique" number.. I am sponsoring my new born and his UCI is the same on his sponsorship application as it is on his Visitor Visa.. about the funds you should be able to show that you are gonna be able to support him since you are the sponsor.. A job would be best.. I hope someone here can help you with experience in spousal sponsorship.. but to sponsor my infant I had to show that I was working.. Best of luck :)

Reactions: Bindhya Dhanesh
Nov 27, 2020
In that case you are correct.. you have to sponsor him... FYI the UCI remains the same.. it will not change.. every person has a "Unique" number.. I am sponsoring my new born and his UCI is the same on his sponsorship application as it is on his Visitor Visa.. about the funds you should be able to show that you are gonna be able to support him since you are the sponsor.. A job would be best.. I hope someone here can help you with experience in spousal sponsorship.. but to sponsor my infant I had to show that I was working.. Best of luck :)
Thank you !!

Reactions: DFARGHALY88