+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT WITH DEPENDENT CHILD

marcoexplorer

Jun 5, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am Canadian and I would like to sponsor my wife from China to Canada. We will move to Canada once it is approved.

I am confused concerning the financial requirement:

I already know there is no income requirement if I were to sponsor my wife only.

However, my wife and I have a 1 year old child who is already Canadian citizen. So my question is, will there be an income requirement/ or need to show proof of income if I were to sponsor my wife but our family includes a child who is already Canadian?

Many Thanks!

NBbound

Apr 6, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am Canadian and I would like to sponsor my wife from China to Canada. We will move to Canada once it is approved.

I am confused concerning the financial requirement:

I already know there is no income requirement if I were to sponsor my wife only.

However, my wife and I have a 1 year old child who is already Canadian citizen. So my question is, will there be an income requirement/ or need to show proof of income if I were to sponsor my wife but our family includes a child who is already Canadian?

Many Thanks!
As your child is already a Canadian citizen I don't think it applies. You don't need to sponsor your already Canadian child (I presume your child has a Canadian passport already, if not apply for that first) My husband is sponsoring me and we have 2 children with Canadian citizenship. As he is also presently living outside of Canada we did show when and how (financially) we will all move to Canada, i.e. the funds we have to set up new house etc.