+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship file transferred to local CIC Edmonton

Orange234

Oct 6, 2017
Still nothing yet I’m still waiting
Hi,

Have you received any update from them? I'm in a similar situation, except mine is 'in transit' to BC. Apparently in transit means it has been flagged to be sent but has not technically left CPC. Anyway, I live in AB, so I have no idea why they're sending to BC.

Any update from you would be great.

zain1291

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Hey zain1291, did you get any response?
Nothing.. I even contacted my local MP, she basically gave me the status which I already knew lol. She did ask to contact her back on Mid June if still nothing so will do. I also had a baby 15 days ago so waiting for his birth certificate. Hoping that helps...

zain1291

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Which office was yours sent? And for how long have u waited. When was it transferred
if that was for me... it was sent to etobicoke. Applied April 2015. File was transferred Novemeber 1st 2017. Have you received any response on your file yet?

zain1291

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
folks... got a response today. Finally! Got an interview scheduled on June 7th. I didnt even send my son's birth cirtificate yet lol. Now I am thinking if I should even send it or just take it with me. Good luck!! Hoping all waiting gets a response soon.

Medieko

Jun 26, 2017
Hello guys,
We are on Same boot, that they transfred our file to local office for further assesement.
And i got notice of call for relationship intervew for June 7. And they request me 20 documents.
Does anyone got same request?
Good luck.

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Yes it said that. Said same exact thing yours said.
Hi,

My parents' visitor visa extension file transferred to Etobicoke. They also have permanent residence file in process. We are from Saskatchewan and file transferred to Etobiocke. I am very concerned. Do you have any idea as to what to expect.

Thanks in advance for replying.

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Hello guys,
We are on Same boot, that they transfred our file to local office for further assesement.
And i got notice of call for relationship intervew for June 7. And they request me 20 documents.
Does anyone got same request?
Good luck.

How was ur interview?

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Good I landed on 5th July
Congo.

I m inland . Got sinp . Then applied for federal. The i got married and added my spouse info in my file. Before 2 months they transferred my file to local office for further accessment.
If u know please answer:
Why they transferred my file to local office .
Is it normal?
Why they call for relationship interview?

What kind of documents they requested for example chat history. Video chat .. bla bla p

zain1291

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Congo.

I m inland . Got sinp . Then applied for federal. The i got married and added my spouse info in my file. Before 2 months they transferred my file to local office for further accessment.
If u know please answer:
Why they transferred my file to local office .
Is it normal?
Why they call for relationship interview?

What kind of documents they requested for example chat history. Video chat .. bla bla p
Interview could be for various reasons. I had issues with my marriage certificate registration so they had me called in just to ensure my relation was genuine and it was not all staged. Depending on the officer you get, they might be a little strict with questions but in the end if u are really genuine, you wont have any issue.

The major problem i see when files get transfered to local office is that you have no choice but to wait. Your file now is outside the processing time and u cant do anything but wait! Its the most horrible time ever.. for me, it took them 6 months for them to get back to me to schedule a relation interview. Once i did get my interview done, i received the AIP the same day via email. And next is my landing interview.

Total time... 2 years 4 months estimate.

Goodluck

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Thnk
Interview could be for various reasons. I had issues with my marriage certificate registration so they had me called in just to ensure my relation was genuine and it was not all staged. Depending on the officer you get, they might be a little strict with questions but in the end if u are really genuine, you wont have any issue.

The major problem i see when files get transfered to local office is that you have no choice but to wait. Your file now is outside the processing time and u cant do anything but wait! Its the most horrible time ever.. for me, it took them 6 months for them to get back to me to schedule a relation interview. Once i did get my interview done, i received the AIP the same day via email. And next is my landing interview.

Total time... 2 years 4 months estimate.

Goodluck
Thanks for replying . Appreciate thay

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
Reactions: Prasad001

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

hoavi

Sep 23, 2019
Don't know how long we'll have to wait so nervous

Principal:
Application for permanent residence March 2019
Medical requested May 2019
Medical results have been received and passed.
Request additional documents July 2019
Application transferred to local IRCC in Edmonton September 2019 for further assessment.

Kobby75

Oct 15, 2019
Don't know how long we'll have to wait so nervous

Principal:
Application for permanent residence March 2019
Medical requested May 2019
Medical results have been received and passed.
Request additional documents July 2019
Application transferred to local IRCC in Edmonton September 2019 for further assessment.
My mum application is transfer to Edmonton in june ...til now no reply or anything from them ...