+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Collecting Police Records from Peru

Mrs.Mom

Apr 17, 2012
I'm an American married to a Canadian. I've been living here in Saskatchewan for the last 3 years with my husband and our daughter (who was born here). We finally got around to finalizing our Spousal Permanent Residence Application, but we recently arrived at an impasse with police records. While it my FBI records are accessible, I spent 6.5 months in Peru and I cannot figure out a how to obtain my Peruvian Records. I've contacted the Peruvian Consolate in both Vancouver and Toronto and was told that I basically need someone in Peru to pick the records up for me. However, I have very few remaining contacts in Peru and cannot get in touch with anyone who can pick them up. The Vancouver office explained the procedure and said that they don't serve Saskatchewan and the Toronto office informed me that I would first have to go to the Toronto Office to get my fingerprint impressions and then mail the fingerprints to a friend or acquaintance, who would then go to the police to obtain the records (the Vancouver Office also mentioned I would need a power of attorney to authorize my friend to obtain the records). If they could respond to my inquiry in writing, but they stated the information is written on their website. Outside of the procedure listed, I can't think of any way to obtain my records without going to Peru myself (furthermore traveling seems to be a problem as we're submitting the Resident Application). Can anyone advise us on how to proceed with our application in a timely matter so that we can provide a complete application? Furthermore, my visa expires in June and I will not get any more visa extensions without submitting my PR application. Thank everyone ahead for your useful advise and input.

Certificado de Antecedentes Policiales

En Toronto:

1. Acercarse al Consulado General del Perú en Toronto (10 St. Mary St., oficina 301, Toronto, a dos cuadras de la estación Bloor y Yonge) con su DNI y pasaporte. El costo de la toma de huellas es de $28.75 dólares canadienses. El pago puede hacerse en las oficinas del Consulado a través del sistema de Interac (sólo tarjeta de débito) o en el banco con la boleta de depósito que se le entregará.

En Lima:

1. Enviar al Perú el formulario legalizado por el Consulado, adjuntando lo siguiente:
En el caso de adultos:
- Dos fotografías de frente (35 x 43 mm tomada en estudio fondo blanco a color)
- DNI original

En el caso de menores de edad:
- Dos fotografías de frente (35 x 43 mm tomada en estudio fondo blanco a color)
- Partida de Nacimiento original

2. La persona encargada en el Perú legalizará la firma del Cónsul en el Ministerio de
Relaciones Exteriores (Dirección de Documentación, Jr. Lampa 535, Lima)
El costo de este trámite es de 20.00 Nuevos Soles.

3. Luego lo llevará a la DIVCIP-DIRCRI-PNP (Sito en Av. Aramburu 550, Surquillo-
Lima) donde le otorgarán el Certificado de Antecedentes Policiales.

4. Una vez obtenido el CERAP, se legalizará en el Ministerio de Relaciones
Exteriores (Dirección de Documentación, Jr. Lampa 535, Lima)
El costo de este trámite es de 20.00 Nuevos Soles.

5. Remitir el Certificado (CERAP) al interesado en Ontario, Canadá, quien lo
presentará a las autoridades canadienses que se lo han solicitado.

In Toronto:

1. Approaching the General Consulate of Peru in Toronto (10 St. Mary St., Room 301, Toronto, two blocks of Bloor and Yonge station) with your ID and passport. The cost of fingerprinting is $ 28.75 Canadian dollars. Payment can be made ​​at the Consulate through the Interac system (debit card only) or bank deposit slip which will be given.

In Lima:

1. Send to Peru the form notarized by the Consulate, together with the following:
In the case of adults :
- Two photos from the front (35 x 43 mm taken in studio white background color)
- DNI Original

In the case of minors:
- Two photos from the front (35 x 43 mm taken in studio white background color)
- Birth Certificate Original

2. The person in Peru legalize the signature of the consul at the Ministry of
Foreign Affairs (Directorate of Documentation, Jr. Lampa 535, Lima)
The cost of this procedure is 20.00 Dollars.

3. Then I take the DIVCIP-DIRCRI-PNP (Aramburu Av Site 550, Surquillo-
Lima) where he was awarded the Certificate of Police Records.

4. Once the CERAP, will be legalized in the Ministry of Foreign
Affairs (Directorate of Documentation, Jr. Lampa 535, Lima)
The cost of this procedure is 20.00 Dollars.

5. Submit the Certificate (CERAP) the interested party in Ontario, Canada, who
submitted to Canadian authorities that have requested it.