+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship application returned, will my visa extension be denied?

ashleysabine

Jun 15, 2018
Hi all,
My spousal sponsorship application was recieved on may 8th. My application was returned to me yesterday, due to a missing signature on the additional family information sheet.

On June fourth I applied for a visa extension for 6 months, because my passport was due to expire in the next two weeks. At the time I was still waiting on AOR. Does anyone know if I'll be denied my extension since I have not yet reapplied? I am waiting on the FBI to return my fingerprints (police check), before I resubmit. Has any one else read that the background checks are only good for 3 months?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,
My spousal sponsorship application was recieved on may 8th. My application was returned to me yesterday, due to a missing signature on the additional family information sheet.

On June fourth I applied for a visa extension for 6 months, because my passport was due to expire in the next two weeks. At the time I was still waiting on AOR. Does anyone know if I'll be denied my extension since I have not yet reapplied? I am waiting on the FBI to return my fingerprints (police check), before I resubmit. Has any one else read that the background checks are only good for 3 months?
The visitor extension app had nothing to do with the PR app. Has your passport actually been extended?

If you haven't returned to the US, you can submit the same FBI check.

ashleysabine

Jun 15, 2018
Oh no, I applied for the extension before my visa expired. My passport itself is valid for several more years. Sorry, I mixed those two up. I'm still waiting on a decision on my visa extension.

Wamlambez

Oct 15, 2019
Hi all,

Hey could you kindly share your timeline after this happened. Just got my application returned today for the same reason.
Apparently once you resend the application it’s processed faster?How true is this for you?

Oceanna

Jun 12, 2018
Hi all,

I am also wondering how to include more than one signature on this form. The principal applicant has signed, but in many places it says all family members must sign, but there is no place for their signature. What are they wanting?

ashleysabine

Jun 15, 2018
Hey could you kindly share your timeline after this happened. Just got my application returned today for the same reason.
Apparently once you resend the application it’s processed faster?How true is this for you?
Sure! On august 9th they received my newly submitted application. On September 23rd, I got the AOR letter letting me know it was now being processed. I just got my work permit approved on October 22nd. They were definitely faster this time, but I don't know that it was because I was resubmitting. I did include a cover letter making sure that I stated this is my second time applying, so maybe they rushed it because of that. I ended up just resubmitting the same fingerprints, because I had not left canada since getting them. I've noticed that in some months they process applications quicker than at other times of the year.