+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Application Questions - Urgent!

ariannaw

Oct 15, 2020
Hi there! My husband is from the USA currently living with me and my daughter on a Post Grad Work Permit. We are about done with our Spousal Sponsorship Application but had a few questions and wondered if anyone else has run into or knows the answer to.

1) Medical Examination. It says "Do not complete a medical examination at this time" ... nowhere does it say to write "N/A"because we won't get a medical examination until further instruction. So, do we checkmark this box? Or put N/A? Leave it blank?

2)Do we need to provide to photocopies of our daughters birth certificate for both "Supporting Documents for Sponsor - question 3." and "Supporting Documents for Sponsored persons question 7. b)" They both ask for the same birth certificate.

Finally,

3) Does my husband need to photocopy each of the pages from his passport where he has entered Canada? "
It says: If you are in Canada and/or have previously travelled to Canada, you must also include pages of any passport in your possession which bear an entry stamp made by a Canadian authority"

Thanks so much!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi there! My husband is from the USA currently living with me and my daughter on a Post Grad Work Permit. We are about done with our Spousal Sponsorship Application but had a few questions and wondered if anyone else has run into or knows the answer to.
Who is on the post grad work permit? If you are the sponsor, what is your status in Canada?

1) Medical Examination. It says "Do not complete a medical examination at this time" ... nowhere does it say to write "N/A"because we won't get a medical examination until further instruction. So, do we checkmark this box? Or put N/A? Leave it blank?
You can just leave that blank, assuming you're talking about the checklist. (When you're asking questions, it helps to specify what form you're talking about)

2)Do we need to provide to photocopies of our daughters birth certificate for both "Supporting Documents for Sponsor - question 3." and "Supporting Documents for Sponsored persons question 7. b)" They both ask for the same birth certificate.
[/QUOTE]

Circumstances are different there. Section 3 is about children that are canadian citizens (that cannot apply to become PRs). The other one is about children that are not Canadian citizens. Either way birth certificate needed, but different circumstances.

3) Does my husband need to photocopy each of the pages from his passport where he has entered Canada? "
It says: If you are in Canada and/or have previously travelled to Canada, you must also include pages of any passport in your possession which bear an entry stamp made by a Canadian authority"
I dont' know how to answer this because the text is so clear. Read the bolded part again.

ariannaw

Oct 15, 2020
Who is on the post grad work permit? If you are the sponsor, what is your status in Canada?
My husband is on a post grad work permit. I am a Canadian Citizen.

You can just leave that blank, assuming you're talking about the checklist. (When you're asking questions, it helps to specify what form you're talking about)
I have been told that leaving it blank is not a good idea on the checklist. Yes, I am talking about the checklist.
Circumstances are different there. Section 3 is about children that are canadian citizens (that cannot apply to become PRs). The other one is about children that are not Canadian citizens. Either way birth certificate needed, but different circumstances.
Ok, thanks.

I dont' know how to answer this because the text is so clear. Read the bolded part again.
[/QUOTE]
The bolded part is clear but the context around it was unclear. I did not appreciate you being snarky!

Reactions: froglover

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
Ok, thanks.

The bolded part is clear but the context around it was unclear. I did not appreciate you being snarky!
[/QUOTE]
@armoured is known for their blunt and to the point answers, but they are also very knowledgeable and worth listening to. And to be fair - I'm not really sure what was unclear about the context of that wording? Either way - yes. Include all pages of passports with Canadian stamps :)

Reactions: armoured