+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship and stay extension - advice please

kogi323

Mar 11, 2019
Hello. Sorry if it has been answered before I can't seem to find the answer. I need an advice with my stay extension.

1. We are finalizing our spousal application and I have 31 days left to stay within legal status. Should I apply for the extension online immediately ( at least 30 days before on CIC website) or can I send it together with the spousal sponsorship application in the same package? We intend to send it within the next 10 days.I know about the implied status but I want to play it safe in case of any mistakes.
2. In the extension application what do I put with the question about the period I want to stay for since the reason of extension is spousal sponsorship.

Appreciate all your time and answers guys.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello. Sorry if it has been answered before I can't seem to find the answer. I need an advice with my stay extension.

1. We are finalizing our spousal application and I have 31 days left to stay within legal status. Should I apply for the extension online immediately ( at least 30 days before on CIC website) or can I send it together with the spousal sponsorship application in the same package? We intend to send it within the next 10 days.I know about the implied status but I want to play it safe in case of any mistakes.
2. In the extension application what do I put with the question about the period I want to stay for since the reason of extension is spousal sponsorship.

Can you confirm that you are applying inland and plan to include an open work permit with the application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Hi

The visitor extension must be submitted separately. Wait until after you have already applied for PR. State in the extension app that you have applied for sponsorship and include a copy of the fee receipt.

kogi323

Mar 11, 2019
Hi

The visitor extension must be submitted separately. Wait until after you have already applied for PR. State in the extension app that you have applied for sponsorship and include a copy of the fee receipt.
Thank you very much for your answer. Does it matter that it will be less than 30 days that is stated on the website? (sorry, slight panic here - would like to get everything right)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you very much for your answer. Does it matter that it will be less than 30 days that is stated on the website? (sorry, slight panic here - would like to get everything right)
The 30 days is a suggestion, not a requirement. You can apply up until your status expires.