+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship and Ontario marriage certificates

usperson1

Oct 29, 2023
I was told today that after getting married, after waiting the ~6 weeks to be able to request a marriage certificate, somehow it will likely take 3-6 months to receive the certificate after requesting it. So is it the case that we could very likely end up waiting 6 months or more before we can even start the process? I see a lot of people on here from posts years ago saying if you get married in Ontario, you can just submit the application and say you'll send the certificate later when you receive it, but the most recent one of these posts I found said the opposite, that it'll just cause you to be rejected and delay things even longer. I'm looking to see what the current thoughts are on doing this.

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
I was told today that after getting married, after waiting the ~6 weeks to be able to request a marriage certificate, somehow it will likely take 3-6 months to receive the certificate after requesting it. So is it the case that we could very likely end up waiting 6 months or more before we can even start the process? I see a lot of people on here from posts years ago saying if you get married in Ontario, you can just submit the application and say you'll send the certificate later when you receive it, but the most recent one of these posts I found said the opposite, that it'll just cause you to be rejected and delay things even longer. I'm looking to see what the current thoughts are on doing this.
yes you will have to wait !! It’s long it took like 3 months before we receive ours, I’m the meantime just prepare your documents together! Make sure you have all necessary documents that’s needed, yes you can start your application but do not submit it! They will return it! That happen to us and you will be put in a processing queue. Just wait until you get it and submit it