+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship and exemption from international student fees

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Hello,

I am an international student on a student visa, currently in a 3 year program.

I am also married and applying for Permanent Residency under spousal sponsorship. Since I am in Quebec I found out if I have CSQ (certificate of selection of Quebec) I could be exempt from international student fees, and I get the CSQ during my inland spousal sponsorship application process. But I also need a letter from CIC saying im eligible to apply inland, which is pretty redundant since I already sent the application inland and it got AOR so of course im eligible(lol). Has anyone had any experience going through this, or does anyone have any idea how I can get a letter from CIC saying im 'eligible' to apply inland for spousal sponsorship?

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
Hello,

I am an international student on a student visa, currently in a 3 year program.

I am also married and applying for Permanent Residency under spousal sponsorship. Since I am in Quebec I found out if I have CSQ (certificate of selection of Quebec) I could be exempt from international student fees, and I get the CSQ during my inland spousal sponsorship application process. But I also need a letter from CIC saying im eligible to apply inland, which is pretty redundant since I already sent the application inland and it got AOR so of course im eligible(lol). Has anyone had any experience going through this, or does anyone have any idea how I can get a letter from CIC saying im 'eligible' to apply inland for spousal sponsorship?
AOR has nothing to do with eligibility, it just means that your application has been received and it’s complete and therefore will begin to be processed. I think they might be referring to AIP which comes towards the end of the process.