+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsor enquiry APRIL 2016

maximdby

Jul 6, 2013
I have a few questions while I'm completing the application to sponsor my wife.

• Do I need to fill the Statutory Declaration of Common-law union IMM5409E ? We are married, I've read in a few posts here that its better to send it anyway.
  • My wife is in India. I'm in Canada ( obviously ). The CIC website states: You must send both your sponsorship application and the permanent residence application for your family members at the same time.. Does this mean I have to send her PR Application and my Sponsorship application to the Visa office here in Canada and together? As in, in the same mail?
  • Some applications required both our signatures. Should my wife print out the completed applications ( including my sponsorship application ), sign them and mail/courier them to me and then I sign and mail them?

Thank you in advance for your help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1. You are married, not common-law, so it doesn't apply and will have zero effect on your app.

2. Yes, the entire application must be sent in together. If you send it separately, it will be returned.

3. Yes, forms that require both signatures will need to be completed by one and mailed to the other to sign.