+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsor Application. One Question

mohsan456

Feb 7, 2016
I am almost done filling out my application to sponsor. Everything is completed but I'm just confused about one thing. If someone could please help me out that would be so kind.

This refers to the document checklist section #7 > E
If you did not answer yes to all four(4) of the above questions, also provide:
Photos = completed
Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse(employment or insurance benefits) = Does not apply to me

Documentary evidence of financial support = I have attached receipts of money that I've sent to her.

Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and or family ( e.g Letters from friends/family, social media information showing a public relationship,etc) = ??????

We don't use social media besides snapchat. So how would I write the letter or is the letter supposed to be written from friends to me or to the visa office. What is the format. Has anyone done this section. Any kin dof insight would be greatly appreciated.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
The letters should be written by your friends and family, addressed to CIC, in support of your relationship. They should sign the letters and then give them to you in order to include in your application. You can choose to have them notarized, but that is not a requirement.

The format is up to you, but essentially they should take the time to explain when they first met your spouse, how they feel about your relationship, their insight on how your relationship progressed, why you are good together, and any other reason that might be helpful to share to show the relationship is genuine and acknowledged by your friends & family.

Reactions: Nad1017

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Why do you say that, "Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (employment or insurance benefits)" does not you apply to you? You can certainly provide these documents if you common-law and not married. I am listed as a common-law partner on my partners work health insurance plan, and we are also beneficiaries of each others life insurance. They ask for these kinds of documents as they are quite standard for most couples who live together, thus they definitely strengthen your case if you have them!

Erin Lynsay

Dec 1, 2017
Vancouver
We also provided congratulatory wedding cards. We also included a birthday card from my parents to my husband. In the card they wrote: "We are happy you joined our family" or something like that :)