+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsership

Feb 10, 2024
I have received a letter telling me that I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.
Is that an AOR?
I am done with my biometrics 4 months ago. But I didn't get my medical letter.
How much time does it take for medical to come?
And if I get my AOR in October what's the possibility that my process will be complete?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, AOR is the first email that you receive indicating that IRCC has `received' your sponsorship application package.

The approval of the sponsor is the first of two (actually, three) parts. Step two is assessing the sponsored person's application to determine if they are eligible to be sponsored. If they pass, that is the AIP stage (Approval in Principle). The third part is background, security and medical checks.

Cloud5

Jan 11, 2024
No, AOR is the first email that you receive indicating that IRCC has `received' your sponsorship application package.

The approval of the sponsor is the first of two (actually, three) parts. Step two is assessing the sponsored person's application to determine if they are eligible to be sponsored. If they pass, that is the AIP stage (Approval in Principle). The third part is background, security and medical checks.
IRCC does not always follow this order.

pasha1124

Feb 14, 2024
Hello all, my husband has a three year gap in his education history. This gap doesn't count in the 10 year personal history that we have mention. But the problem is the gap is because he failed his intermediate degree which was of three years and he had to repeat those three years. Should we mention this anywhere and do we calculate the extra 3 years in the total years of education? Your help would be greatly appreciated.