+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal PR

kirtidesai

Dec 9, 2021
Hi,
We are newly married, have applied for outland spousal PR(paper based) in october, haven't received AOR yet.
Should we apply onlineor wait?
Tired of waiting and even my TRV got rejected.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
We are newly married, have applied for outland spousal PR(paper based) in october, haven't received AOR yet.
Ttired of waiting and even my TRV got rejected.
AOR is generally taking 2-3 months. So this is perfectly normal and expected. No - absolutely do not apply again online. You can only have one spousal sponsorship application in progress at a time.

kirtidesai

Dec 9, 2021
AOR is generally taking 2-3 months. So this is perfectly normal and expected. No - absolutely do not apply again online. You can only have one spousal sponsorship application in progress at a time.
I was thinking to re-apply for visitor visa, should I wait for PR UCI number and then apply or should apply now itself as the new portal takes upto 30days to process application.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
Ttired of waiting and even my TRV got rejected.
AOR takes 30-90 days. No advantage applying online if you've already applied - and also no indication that online is faster anyway.

Dkd@1018

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hey when submitting WhatsApp conversation…does IRCC reach out to WhatsApp to get what conversation you had with other people?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey when submitting WhatsApp conversation…does IRCC reach out to WhatsApp to get what conversation you had with other people?
No but there is follow-up when it comes to applications so if you are trying to deceive IRCC it’s not a good idea.

Dkd@1018

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
No but there is follow-up when it comes to applications so if you are trying to deceive IRCC it’s not a good idea.
What do you mean by follow up. I will be submitting conversation with spouse.
Not deceive but just asking if they can get information for what conversation you have had in the past or with different people?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not deceive but just asking if they can get information for what conversation you have had in the past or with different people?
Follow-up with any of your references, examination of your whole social media profile, etc.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
"Follow up" - if they find information that does not seem to fit, they may check however they see fit.

But bluntly, if they have special capacity to hack accounts (and IRCC probably doesn't), they don't care enough about you to bother.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
"Follow up" - if they find information that does not seem to fit, they may check however they see fit.

But bluntly, if they have special capacity to hack accounts (and IRCC probably doesn't), they don't care enough about you to bother.
Sounds like there may have been some communicating with other women/men If I had to guess….

Dkd@1018

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Sounds like there may have been some communicating with other women/men If I had to guess….
Like in the past people may have talked to other girls or something before you met your spouse. (that kind of data)

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Like in the past people may have talked to other girls or something before you met your spouse. (that kind of data)
I don't think IRCC cares. You can have a genuine marriage with your wife and still have affiars. Or you can have many sex partners before your marriage. I think IRCC is only concern on your relationship with your current wife.

Reactions: willowo4