+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal PR returned - Implied Status

torontomaster

Nov 14, 2020
Hello everyone,

Bit of difficult situation here.

We applied for my wife's Inland spousal PR and OWP while she was on valid visit visa back in May 2020. Yesterday the file was returned after 7 months due to a missing signature. We did apply for her visit extension in August 2020 but didn't received anything yet and she is on implied status. Now we have to submit everything again as new application because all the documents are 7 months old.

My questions:
1. Since she is on implied status and are waiting on the visit extension - can we apply for PR and OWP or we have to wait until visit extension is approved?
2. In the form IMM0008 - question 10; current country of residence dates - From and To - What should be the To date? as the legal visit status is expired and visit extension is not received.
3. When we will submit the file again should we include the letter that they gave us for the officer to see the resubmission?
4. The fees that we paid - can we use same receipt or we have to ask for refund and pay new fees?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
1. You can decide to send the Pr application alone then wait till they approve your application to extend stay and send in the OWP application.

Or You can apply for the OWP, attach the AOR and payment receipt for your application to extend stay, write a letter of explanation for the situation. The OWP won’t be processed until the application to extend stay is approved. Perhaps by the time they start checking your application For completeness the application to extend stay might have been approved.

2. On the status option You can select Other, then on the next box you can write implied status, or applied to extend stay. You can also submit the AOR for the application to extend stay with the package.

3. Their website Include the letter and the checklist the sent

4. You can use same receipts. There is an additional fee of $10 for RPRF, you can pay that and attach the receipt with the others.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

Bit of difficult situation here.

We applied for my wife's Inland spousal PR and OWP while she was on valid visit visa back in May 2020. Yesterday the file was returned after 7 months due to a missing signature. We did apply for her visit extension in August 2020 but didn't received anything yet and she is on implied status. Now we have to submit everything again as new application because all the documents are 7 months old.

My questions:
1. Since she is on implied status and are waiting on the visit extension - can we apply for PR and OWP or we have to wait until visit extension is approved?
2. In the form IMM0008 - question 10; current country of residence dates - From and To - What should be the To date? as the legal visit status is expired and visit extension is not received.
3. When we will submit the file again should we include the letter that they gave us for the officer to see the resubmission?
4. The fees that we paid - can we use same receipt or we have to ask for refund and pay new fees?

Please advise.

Thanks.
Would really suggest you go with option 2. You can apply for OWP at the same time but I would include proof of your visa extension application. As long as your extension is approved OWP will go ahead.

torontomaster

Nov 14, 2020
Thanks for replies.

When I'll select other and next to it write implied, the dates would be blank right?

For paying the additional $10 RPRF, should I goto online payment and select - Make additional payment, pay other fees, or correct a mispayment and insert $10?

Another question is from the form 0008 last part - Declaration of applicant - previously we just typed the full name and did not sign (the reason full package was returned) should I ask my wife to type name and then hand sign next to it or do they require only hand written signature in that box?

Also can we use the same forms and validate again changing the info on the forms or all forms should be new? I can change the forms that are updated by govt but what about the other ones where there was no change?

torontomaster

Nov 14, 2020
Anyone please?

Thanks for replies.

When I'll select other and next to it write implied, the dates would be blank right?

For paying the additional $10 RPRF, should I goto online payment and select - Make additional payment, pay other fees, or correct a mispayment and insert $10?

Another question is from the form 0008 last part - Declaration of applicant - previously we just typed the full name and did not sign (the reason full package was returned) should I ask my wife to type name and then hand sign next to it or do they require only hand written signature in that box?

Also can we use the same forms and validate again changing the info on the forms or all forms should be new? I can change the forms that are updated by govt but what about the other ones where there was no change?