+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal PR - inland application - PCC India question

preethy.wils

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Hi,

My spouse will be coming to Canada on a visit visa in a month. I'm a Canadian citizen. We're currently applying PCC for him from India so that I can use it to apply for inland spousal PR (+ work permit) once he gets here.

Question: In the PSK form, which option needs to be selected for "Purpose for which PCC is required"?
1. Resident permit
2. Immigration purposes other than citizenship

Considering I might want to apply for a work permit along with the spousal PR application, which option do we give? Is there a difference between the two options? Could someone share their experience please? Thanks

Vptl

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
Hi,

My spouse will be coming to Canada on a visit visa in a month. I'm a Canadian citizen. We're currently applying PCC for him from India so that I can use it to apply for inland spousal PR (+ work permit) once he gets here.

Question: In the PSK form, which option needs to be selected for "Purpose for which PCC is required"?
1. Resident permit

Considering I might want to apply for a work permit along with the spousal PR application, which option do we give? Is there a difference between the two options? Could someone share their experience please? Thanks
I selected Immigration purposes other than citizenship for my wife's sponsorship application.

preethy.wils

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
I selected Immigration purposes other than citizenship for my wife's sponsorship application.
When you got the PCC, did it mention that it'll be used for immigration purposes other than citizenship?

Do you know in which case "Resident Permit" is to be selected?

Dec 12, 2020
Hi,

1. Resident permit

Hi
Were you able to get the PCC before leaving India or it was printed after you left
And secondly, did IRCC accept this PCC for the inland application, did you face any issues?

please reply as I am also trying out the same.