+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal PR application stuck for the last 15 months

nipuntiku

Jan 3, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I had applied for my wife's PR application (outland - spousal category) in December 2019.

Her medical and biometric were all done by Feb 2020 and since then there is no movement or any further update on her application.

She came to Canada in Feb 2020 and with me for the last 15 months (through the extension of visitor visa). we have informed CIC multiple times through calls, web forms, and mails.

Since it has been 15 months and we find no solution as the CIC agents are not very helpful and there are no updates at all from the CIC. Can anyone please suggest a solution to this never-ending wait? and how to get the process done?

PS; I am a PR holder working in Canada and arrived here in 2019 Dec (and applied for my wife's PR application around the same time as an outland candidate as she was not in Canada at that point of time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I had applied for my wife's PR application (outland - spousal category) in December 2019.

Her medical and biometric were all done by Feb 2020 and since then there is no movement or any further update on her application.

She came to Canada in Feb 2020 and with me for the last 15 months (through the extension of visitor visa). we have informed CIC multiple times through calls, web forms, and mails.

Since it has been 15 months and we find no solution as the CIC agents are not very helpful and there are no updates at all from the CIC. Can anyone please suggest a solution to this never-ending wait? and how to get the process done?

PS; I am a PR holder working in Canada and arrived here in 2019 Dec (and applied for my wife's PR application around the same time as an outland candidate as she was not in Canada at that point of time.
Were you compliant with your RO when you applied? Have you ordered GCMS notes?

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Same for me, my wife’s application was Outland in December 2019 and still waiting.
At least you are with your wife unlike a lot of us who are separated from our spouses for 1 or 2 years now.

When I contacted my local MP, they just checked status with immigration and that was it..

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Same for me, my wife’s application was Outland in December 2019 and still waiting.
At least you are with your wife unlike a lot of us who are separated from our spouses for 1 or 2 years now.

When I contacted my local MP, they just checked status with immigration and that was it..
did u order the notes

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
15+ months has been fairly typical due to covid. Nothing an MP can do to speed up an application unless the processing time is much longer than others being processed and there isn't a reason for the delays.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much for the reply, I connected with Local MP office and they checked with CIC with same information (that the application is in progress). Applying for GCMS notes now.
The MP will have given you the same information as GCMS when it comes to what stage you ar in processing of your application.