+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal PR application returned - Do I need to resubmit the whole application from scratch?

Hi friends! My PR application was returned citing two documents that were missing (PCC and Proof of Income Statement for my husband (sponsor)). While I had given written explanations for PCC mentioning that I was awaiting it from the Indian govt, it was returned. Also, one of the two requirements for income proof was submitted for my husband, but this was also cited as a reason for return, and mentioned as incomplete. Submission was made in July 2020. Couple of queries for re-submission:

1. Do I need to submit a completely new application with new forms?
  2. I will be shifting from my current place of residence to a new residence. If I don't need to submit a new application, how do I go about addressing the new contact/address details?
  3. I am currently working as an independent freelance contractor for a non-Canadian company, but I am on a visit visa in Canada. Can I show this as a part of my PR application?
  4. I applied for a visit visa extension in August 2020 - which was granted and is valid till February 2021. Do I need to include this information in my PR resubmission as well? Since I will need to re-do the number of days I have spent in the country since my initial submission.
  5. Do I need to redo my passport photographs when I resubmit the application?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
1a. You are starting again. You need to fix whatever they highlighted in the checklist or notes they gave when they returned the application.

1b. You need to check all your forms against the ones now available - if the date of the form's publication, found on the bottom edge of the form, has changed, you need to complete a new version of that form. If there are forms that have not changed since you filled them out and no information on them has changed (ie, your address), you can re-use those.

2. If your address is changing, you need to re-do all forms that mention your address and have the correct updated address on them.

3. Working in Canada while on a visitors' visa in your sense is acceptable as it isn't for a Canadian company (provided they do no business in Canada) but submitting proof of that - which doesn't help a spousal PR application in any way - will likely confuse things however I assume you have this included in your employment history on the personal information form.

4. You need to update the time you've spent in Canada and when you can stay in Canada until, it's on one of the forms.

5. They still need to be valid, which means taken within six months.

Many thanks for clearing these points up for me. That was very insightful. So I gather its necessary to re-do all the forms that require my address details, and any other forms that have since been updated.

And yes, I have included my freelance work status in my personal information form.

Will keep in mind your other suggestions regarding updating of address details, forms, and current passport photographs. Thanks once again.