Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
21-03-2015 (received)
Hey all! I am sponsoring my American husband, and we have some questions I haven't been able to find through Google at this point.

ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFORMATION
  • We only have the STATE of birth, not the exact town and county of my husband's parents and siblings. (The form doesn't specify, it just asks for "place" of birth.) Will that suffice? Would it be better to write "Unkown"?

PHOTOGRAPHS
  • The Appendix B photographs are only required of my American husband, not myself, am I correct?

SPONSORED SPOUSE QUESTIONNAIRE
  • Neither or us officially proposed. We decided together to get married. But it asks who did so. Should we put "Both" or "Neither" or our names together? It also asks for the DATE we got engaged. We really don't have one. Should we just pick one around the time we planed to, and explain in the comments that we didn't announce it or have an engagement ring?
  • I am currently staying with my husband in the USA, and have been here since September long weekend of this year. I plan to stay until December 2014. Should he list this as a visit under the has-your-sponsor-visited-you question or under the have-you-lived-together question? I consider it a lengthy visit, and I am able to keep my provincial health care because I have not been out of province for more than 7 months of the year, so I'm leaning towards visit. Does anyone have experience with this?

FINAL QUESTION
  • Am I over thinking this?!

Thank you! :)

Souricette

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2015
AOR Received.
31-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2015
LANDED..........
26-12-2015
Those are good questions. Anyone?

For the photos it's only the sponsored person.

borealis

Sep 23, 2014
NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
21-03-2015 (received)
Thank you, Souricrette! We're going to get it taken this week.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
borealis said:
Hey all! I am sponsoring my American husband, and we have some questions I haven't been able to find through Google at this point.

ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFORMATION
  • We only have the STATE of birth, not the exact town and county of my husband's parents and siblings. (The form doesn't specify, it just asks for "place" of birth.) Will that suffice? Would it be better to write "Unkown"?

PHOTOGRAPHS
  • The Appendix B photographs are only required of my American husband, not myself, am I correct?

SPONSORED SPOUSE QUESTIONNAIRE
  • Neither or us officially proposed. We decided together to get married. But it asks who did so. Should we put "Both" or "Neither" or our names together? It also asks for the DATE we got engaged. We really don't have one. Should we just pick one around the time we planed to, and explain in the comments that we didn't announce it or have an engagement ring?
  • I am currently staying with my husband in the USA, and have been here since September long weekend of this year. I plan to stay until December 2014. Should he list this as a visit under the has-your-sponsor-visited-you question or under the have-you-lived-together question? I consider it a lengthy visit, and I am able to keep my provincial health care because I have not been out of province for more than 7 months of the year, so I'm leaning towards visit. Does anyone have experience with this?

FINAL QUESTION
  • Am I over thinking this?!

Thank you! :)
1. since the form asks "place of birth", the state and country will work just fine. if you don't know the city, don't worry about it. you can always write an explanation to let them know.

2. yes, the photographs are ONLY for the applicant, not the sponsor. these are used for his approval paper and pr card.

3. a) put both, or "please see explanation". same for date, "none - please see explanation", and provide an explanation about your engagement.
b) yes, i would consider it a visit, since you are only a "visitor" in the US. you are not a legal resident, student or worker. you do not "live" in the US. yes, it should go on his form as a time you "visited him". others may have another opinion, but i did not state we lived together in our application, since technically we didn't - even though i stayed with him for 1-2 months at a time. If you truly feel they are not "visits", then include them as a time you lived together AND as a time you visited your husband. i considered all of my long term visits as VISITS, and i had no issue with approval.It is not required for a married couple to "live" together in order to be approved.

4. yes, as it's quite common to do during the application process, as well as having your IQ drop a few points while filling out the forms. you ARE over thinking things. just answer the questions as they are asked. there is no hidden "motives" or "meanings" in the questions. just be truthful and tell your story.