+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Open Work Permit

sery23

Feb 20, 2020
Hi! My husband just got his closed work permit under NFL PNP program. My open work permit application was included in his. He got his work permit 2 days after we submitted the application. Mine is still pending. Any idea about how long it takes to receive my spousal open work permit? I’m outside Canada.

Newbee81

Jun 12, 2020
Hi! My husband just got his closed work permit under NFL PNP program. My open work permit application was included in his. He got his work permit 2 days after we submitted the application. Mine is still pending. Any idea about how long it takes to receive my spousal open work permit? I’m outside Canada.
waiting form outside canada, applied in Aug

NeedHelp2020

Jul 23, 2020
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
My wife got her closed ICT work permit approved along with my open work permit. Now her employer has changed plans for sending her to Canada. I have been offered a job in Canada. Does anyone know if I can travel to Canada on my open work permit along with my employer's offer letter even if my wife is not traveling. My wife was main applicant on the original application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My wife got her closed ICT work permit approved along with my open work permit. Now her employer has changed plans for sending her to Canada. I have been offered a job in Canada. Does anyone know if I can travel to Canada on my open work permit along with my employer's offer letter even if my wife is not traveling. My wife was main applicant on the original application.
Your wife needs to land first (or with you) with proof that she still has a job in Canada. That doesn’t seem to be the case.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I doubt that you have a open work permit in hand right now, nor your wife has a closed one. You might have a TRV on passport. You will get your WPs on airport from border sec. folks.

If her job offer is no longer valid, then she cann't get her WP. If she cann't get her WP, you don't get yours.

Canada tracks job offer linked to closed WP via an online system where employers enter the job offers for foreigners.

Elle01_

Jun 5, 2019
Good day!I'm a temporary foreign worker with valid work permit and travel visa expiring on June 3, 2021.My questions are:
1. Am I allowed to travel outside Canada ( going to the Philippines) right now and be able to come back?I really need to go home right now( I know there are some travel restriction exemptions for temporary foreign workers but am not quite sure about this) by the way,I work as an in-home caregiver.
2. Atleast how many months my visa should be v
alid to be able to get admitted/ re-enter Canada?

Thank you so much for the response.
Stay safe..

rohail256

Oct 21, 2020
Is it beneficial to submit IELTS results while applying open work permit with spousal study permit under SDS

Abdul Naveed

Feb 3, 2021
Waiting for sowp frm outside canada...still no response

#SRB#

Feb 28, 2021
Hello,
To extend spouse work permit inside Canada, It must be required to have continuous NOC job while application is in process or Is it good as long as you have three pay stubs of required NOC job for application?

prigupta

May 20, 2020
Hello,

I hope someone can help me here.. I am a CEC Express entry applicant our file is in process from Aug 2020. My husband applied for a spousal open work permit he got his work permit approved today. He works in US and has a canadian visitors visa TRV already.

Can he enter Canada with his
- passport,
- the approval letter of work permit
- visitors visa which he already has?

or we need to apply for a new TRV for him? Please if anyone can help here would be great!
I tried calling CIC but they didn't say anything just we don't know and borders are closed