+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal open work permit

Keitsi

Feb 18, 2020
Hello
Am an international student currently studying in Canada, i apply for my husband's open work permit since November 25 2019 but still did not hear from them.... my husband is in Gambia but i did the application in Canada what is the normal processing time please

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
Am an international student currently studying in Canada, i apply for my husband's open work permit since November 25 2019 but still did not hear from them.... my husband is in Gambia but i did the application in Canada what is the normal processing time please
Yes. The wait is fairly long and there is no guarantees that a spouse of an international student can get a permit/visa.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
Hello

The processing time for Gambia is 6 weeks. So you should get some update soon assuming mid december and start of january were slow

sarabjit.21

Aug 21, 2019
Hello
Hello keitsi,

Can you please tell me how long you waited after your college program started to apply for your husband SOWP? Thanks in advance!

sarabjit.21

Aug 21, 2019
Did you get any response on this from anyone? When to apply for SOWP?
Not yet brother. One lady in the other group replied that it is better to apply after your spouse studies gets completed but for some cases I read people applied while there spouse was studying they got SOWP. I just wanted know from them after how many months they applied. If you get any such infomation on this please pass it to me too. :)

Mann157

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Not yet brother. One lady in the other group replied that it is better to apply after your spouse studies gets completed but for some cases I read people applied while there spouse was studying they got SOWP. I just wanted know from them after how many months they applied. If you get any such infomation on this please pass it to me too. :)
Sure, will do. I think there is no right or wrong time to apply and it depends on your situation but it let's see if someone can share their experience here.

Reactions: sarabjit.21