+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Open Work Permit

Dversa

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Hi, I need suggestions on my case, My wife is going to apply Spousal Open Work Permit in first week of Janauary, I have PGWP valid until Oct 2016 and Processing time applying from Pakistan is 6 months so will it be ideal condition to apply or not? As per processing time she will get the reply on June if she apply in first week of January. Do CIC issue her work-permit for 3 months only ? or they will simply reject ?

Please reply me

Preetjas

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
Dversa said:
Hi, I need suggestions on my case, My wife is going to apply Spousal Open Work Permit in first week of Janauary, I have PGWP valid until Oct 2016 and Processing time applying from Pakistan is 6 months so will it be ideal condition to apply or not? As per processing time she will get the reply on June if she apply in first week of January. Do CIC issue her work-permit for 3 months only ? or they will simply reject ?

Please reply me
hi my husband sowp rejected because of this reason. My study permit left 5.5 months only but when I applied it was 11 months

Dversa

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Thanks for sharing your story it worth a share. I have PGWP but on my work-permit there is comment or note says issued to passport validity thats it. What are you suggesting me now ?

Dversa

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Preetjas, Can you share when you applied, which month and more details please, It would be great.

Thanks!!

Preetjas

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
Dversa said:
Preetjas, Can you share when you applied, which month and more details please, It would be great.

Thanks!!
My husband applied in February first week visa valid till December 2015 .. I got rejected 15 July reason was your visa is less than 6 months

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
If you are working in Canada on PGWP, and have job in NOC A,B or O, you should attach your job letter with explanation letter to CIC ISB. Tell them that you are eligible for extension of your PGWP and that you have sufficient resources to support your spouse. In the meantime have you not applied for PNP, or CEC express entry etc?

I am also completing my studies in this month, and plan to apply for my wife SOWP along with my PGWP in January next year ( I hv job offer in NOC A).
Previous 2 TRV rejections for my spouse, I hope this time I get it!

Dversa

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Thanks Ahmed, I already applied Ainp long time waiting for the reply. should I mention that along with explanation letter.