+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Open Work Permit SOWP

Ola.

May 27, 2019
Cairo
Hi Guys ,
I’m from Egypt , and my husband is doing PHD in Canada on Studying Visa . We got married last February and right away after we got our Marrige certificate I applied for a visitor visa and it was rejected due to family ties and travel history. We reapplied on May 4th but this time we changed to Open Work Permit. It’s mebtioned that the processing time for my county is 12 weeks , however my biometrics already validated and my background checks were done in the former visa . I’m just wondering if any one went through the same experience to tell me if could I receive the response earlier than the 12 weeks and please also let me know the supporting documents that should be provided in such cases. Thank u

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You should expect your process to take 12 weeks. They will do a different kind of background check than the one that they did for the visitor visa.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If that is what the average processing time is on IRCC's website, that is what the average time is. I don't argue estimates of time with the people who are processing the files.