+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) - on PGWP - timelines and recommendation needed

Dec 13, 2021
Hello all! Happy new year!

Current situation:

I am currently on my PGWP and work under NOC skill level B.
I recently got married in November in the UAE (United Arab Emirates). For the wedding, I took some time off from my work and flew to the UAE, got married and returned. (My citizenship is - Indian)

I have also completed one year of work experience in Canada, which makes me eligible to apply for PR under the CEC express entry program. However, I haven't started my application on PR yet.

Main concern:
I would love for my wife to join me in Canada as soon as possible. I know I can apply for SOWP and call her here. However, the current processing times are well above 5 months.
As mentioned, I can also create my profile with my spouse to start my application for PR (not sure how this works or how long it takes??)

What is the best approach in a scenario like this? If anyone can help and guide me, it would be highly appreciated. Will be closely following.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all! Happy new year!

Current situation:

I am currently on my PGWP and work under NOC skill level B.
I recently got married in November in the UAE (United Arab Emirates). For the wedding, I took some time off from my work and flew to the UAE, got married and returned. (My citizenship is - Indian)

I have also completed one year of work experience in Canada, which makes me eligible to apply for PR under the CEC express entry program. However, I haven't started my application on PR yet.

Main concern:
I would love for my wife to join me in Canada as soon as possible. I know I can apply for SOWP and call her here. However, the current processing times are well above 5 months.
As mentioned, I can also create my profile with my spouse to start my application for PR (not sure how this works or how long it takes??)

What is the best approach in a scenario like this? If anyone can help and guide me, it would be highly appreciated. Will be closely following.
Apply for the SOWP.

You need to dedicate time to researching the CEC program. There have been no draws since September and we don't know if and when they will restart. Your chances of being selected for PR will depend on how many points you have. Having a year of work experience in Canada doesn't guarantee PR.

Hyderwaqas

Jan 6, 2022
Hi,

I need an advice from my fellow group members. I can apply for PGWP after 4 months. My wife and 02 daughters are outlander. What should be my strategy to bring them in Canada with minimum risk of visa rejection.