+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) 2016-2017. - Please Your timelines

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Just checked out today and saw that processing time from Bangladesh has been cut down to 9 weeks from 14 weeks. Wow!

Amit1529

Aug 22, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Dec-2016
Doc's Request.
08-Mar-2017
AOR Received.
11-Dec-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
Application Submitted on 30-Jan-2017 in New Delhi CHC via VFS
VFS changed status on 27-Apr-2017 : Passport is dispacthed

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Amit1529 said:
Congrats. Did you submit with upfront medical and PCC?

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
Amit1529 said:
Have you received approval email?

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
jmathew said:
We do not need to submit PCC for SOWP
As far as I know for Work and study permits you need to submit PCC although its not written but its a common practice.

Niyati_17

Apr 28, 2017
Hi wonderful people out there,

I have applied for a spousal open work permit for Canada online last month. I have received and interview from Canada High Commission, New Delhi. Is it common that we get called out for interview these days? My sister was asking to finish my Medical before I go for Interview. I would like to know if anyone here has gone through the same procedure. Any valuable feedback would be appreciated. They have asked me to bring the following docs:
Evidence/Documents to prove the relationship, marriage photos, passports etc

I don't want to delay my process for acquiring the Visa. Therefore, I would love to have any suggestion from you all.

Thank you for responding.

prais3jos3ph

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
19th June 2017
AOR Received.
20th June 2017
Niyati_17 said:
Hi wonderful people out there,

I have applied for a spousal open work permit for Canada online last month. I have received and interview from Canada High Commission, New Delhi. Is it common that we get called out for interview these days? My sister was asking to finish my Medical before I go for Interview. I would like to know if anyone here has gone through the same procedure. Any valuable feedback would be appreciated. They have asked me to bring the following docs:
Evidence/Documents to prove the relationship, marriage photos, passports etc

I don't want to delay my process for acquiring the Visa. Therefore, I would love to have any suggestion from you all.

Thank you for responding.
Marriage certificates (preferably notarized), wedding photos, photos of trips together,travel details etcc..

jsghai

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
s2patel48 said:
Hey guys i have silly question here. i got interview message but i dont know exact address for the location.
What address is on your interview letter?

Mattwinterr

Apr 30, 2017
Im on an IEC Visa, when i send in my SOWP do i get implied status to continue working?

My Canadian girlfriend and i have already submitted our sponsorship paperwork to Mississauga. We were both mislead about that an IEC couldnt be extended, so at the time we didnt send my SOWP with the application (Massive mistake i know). However i will sending my SOWP application into Vergeville tomorrow. I am reading many different things about implied status. Can i continue working after my expiry date on implied status?

winner98

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Hello seniors,

I sent multiple emails to cic and also submitted the web form to add my medical results to my SOWP application and today after almost 2 months of submitting the Emails and after 4 months of submitting my application today I received the first response and here is what the email says:
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to modify the information you provided in the online profile after you have been found ineligible or if your Invitation to Apply (ITA) has expired.

We invite you to submit a new profile if you wish to return to the pool of candidates.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

** Does this mean that my file is rejected and I have to apply again. Or it is a wrong response as ITA is used for PR application.
My cic account still says my file as submitted and under processing.

paul234

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-05-17
Med's Request
03-05-17
Interview........
03-05-17
Passport Req..
...waiting...
winner98 said:
Hello seniors,

I sent multiple emails to cic and also submitted the web form to add my medical results to my SOWP application and today after almost 2 months of submitting the Emails and after 4 months of submitting my application today I received the first response and here is what the email says:

Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to modify the information you provided in the online profile after you have been found ineligible or if your Invitation to Apply (ITA) has expired.

We invite you to submit a new profile if you wish to return to the pool of candidates.

Sincerely,

www.cic.gc.ca

** Does this mean that my file is rejected and I have to apply again. Or it is a wrong response as ITA is used for PR application.
ITA, pool of candidates. This sounds like a response to a query about express entry. Do you also have an express entry profile active? maybe they mixed up?
Better to check with your local MP. I was able to get a proper status update when I went that way.

winner98

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
paul234 said:
ITA, pool of candidates. This sounds like a response to a query about express entry. Do you also have an express entry profile active? maybe they mixed up?
Better to check with your local MP. I was able to get a proper status update when I went that way.
No Paul I don't have any express entry profile. Mine is a Qubec skilled worker application and has no relation to Express entry. To me also it seems like a express entry query response. I think they sent it by mistake. I had to take appointment with the MP.

jsghai

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
winner98 said:
No Paul I don't have any express entry profile. Mine is a Qubec skilled worker application and has no relation to Express entry. To me also it seems like a express entry query response. I think they sent it by mistake. I had to take appointment with the MP.
This is reply to express entry, dont worry they must mixed up with somebody else. Get appointment asap.
Dont worry.

Shaldar

Mar 16, 2017
winner98 said:
Hello seniors,

Sincerely,

www.cic.gc.ca

It's a mix up.As long as your application is in progress,don't worry

Alfaz

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Hello All,

Applied for SOWP on 9th March from canada via attorney. No updates yet. Is this common?