+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) 2016-2017. - Please Your timelines

koolbnda

May 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,
I am working in canada on PGWP. My Job lies under NOC category "B". I am getting married in June and want to apply for Spouse Open Work Permit. I am not sure what documents and forms are needed for this.
Just going through this forum looks like people who are here have already processed their application and have better knowledge than any other consultant.

Please let me know which forms and documents are needed for SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT.

Thanks in Advance.

All the best on you application and congratulations to those who already got their visa.

AD12345

Apr 8, 2017
guru1313 said:
Please share your timelines
Hi can u plz help me out my wife got lmia approved under category B, can u plz confirm me and my kids will allow to go Canada with her. What is the next step what documents will be required and what are the chances? We r from Pakistan

prais3jos3ph

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
19th June 2017
AOR Received.
20th June 2017
Hi all,

Would like to share my Timeline for SOWP submitted at VFS Bangalore on March 23rd (Paper Based) with upfront medicals.
Paper application has not been linked with my online account. Still no update.

Let me know what I can expect as updates for a paper based application submitted at VFS.

Thank you.:)

manu.chan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
anuragshah89 said:
My wife got the passport request for SOWP
How much time does CIC takes to stamp the VISA and sends the passport back ?
Hi

when did you apply for the work permit

Regards
Manu

b.arvind87

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
We are applying for SOWP from Inside canada (she joined with me after marriage on visitor visa, which she had applied after engagement).
I have a confusion regarding documents, How do i show proof of home ties (she was not employed and does not own any property) for her.

If anyone has any info, could you please share.

naveenpr

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
Hi everyone
Any update did any one got passport request

guru1313

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
NOC A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
09/01/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Anyone updates??

prais3jos3ph

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
19th June 2017
AOR Received.
20th June 2017
Shaldar said:
Hi All,

I got a call for Interview request in New Delhi.And have been asked to carry proof of relationship of marriage.

Can anyone help me out if the original documents have to be carried.Eg Original Marriage certificate?

Thanks again for your inputs
Hello Shaldar,

Relationship proof can be shown with an original notarized marriage certificate along with some photos of the wedding/ past trips together.
Transcripts of texts/screenshots of calls, itineraries( although I think this would be overkill, no harm done I guess:) as you can present loads of evidence to prove your case )
I would suggest these, as my first SOWP was reject solely due to the fact that I did not place any photos/ other evidence as proof of my marriage( It was mentioned in my GCMS notes verbatim) These are solely my suggestions based on my rejection experience.

One more thing, I'm quite puzzled over the "interview request". I havent seen/come across this before for work permits( I might have missed it).
Good that you can prove your case with evidence in person.

Good luck and cheers :)

s2patel48

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
Calgary
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
B
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey guys i have silly question here. i got interview message but i dont know exact address for the location.

paul234

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-05-17
Med's Request
03-05-17
Interview........
03-05-17
Passport Req..
...waiting...
Its in the footer of the message: 7/8, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110021, India

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Applied on April 1st with no upfront medical. Provided with only one picture but later on through CSE provided 12 pictures. Did not submit PCC but will do next week through CSE again. Hoping for the best.

jmathew

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-11-2016
Nomination.....
03-04-2016
AOR Received.
14-09-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
1st Oct 2017
Med's Done....
5th Oct 2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon
LANDED..........
Inland Application
We do not need to submit PCC for SOWP
sababx said:
Applied on April 1st with no upfront medical. Provided with only one picture but later on through CSE provided 12 pictures. Did not submit PCC but will do next week through CSE again. Hoping for the best.