+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Open Work permit processing time.

pallaviahi

May 3, 2021
Hi There,

I am an international student in Canada, we filled for the Spousal Open Work Permit visa for my husband on 20th March 2021 from the US. He is done with his biometrics on 6th April 2021 and the application now shows the background check is in progress. Anyone who has recently filled SOWP from the US or any other country and is done with the biometric or has got approval please share the timeline.

Also, anyone who has an idea about the current processing time please share.

Thank you in advance.

sylvieee

Apr 29, 2021
Hi. I am in an almost identical situation from what you've written.
I have been following this thread and someone raised a webform and got a reply saying the processing time on website is not accurate.

pallaviahi

May 3, 2021
Hi. I am in an almost identical situation from what you've written.
I have been following this thread and someone raised a webform and got a reply saying the processing time on website is not accurate.
Hi Sylvieee, I too had a word with IRCC, they mentioned that processing time on the website is not accurate.
When did you file the Visa? Did you file it from the US?

sylvieee

Apr 29, 2021
Hi Sylvieee, I too had a word with IRCC, they mentioned that processing time on the website is not accurate.
When did you file the Visa? Did you file it from the US?
My husband is a student. I filed from US on March 23 and had biometrics done on April 6. The application also shows the background check is in progress all the time.
You know that is why I said "almost identical"~
Let's keep each other updated then.

chinkal

Apr 27, 2021
Hello Pallavi,

I am also in an identical situation. My wife is a student in Canada and I am planning to apply for SOWP from the USA. I haven't submitted the application yet but planning to do it next week. Do you have any sample letter or document you can share for LOI or any tips would be appreciated?

My email id is chinkal20@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

geoela

May 30, 2021
Mexico
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
18/03/2021
I am in the same situation. My husband and children got their study permits two months ago, but my SOWP is still in process. We applied together and gave our biometrics in March. Is it supposed that they process a family application at the same time?