+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal open work permit processing time

susugoi

Apr 10, 2017
Hi,

I'm a full-time student in Nova Scotia with a valid study permit. My wife is applying for a Spousal open work permit to work in Canada. She didn't have a job offer when she finished the application for the work permit on Jan 19th and haven't heard a word from CIC since then. I'm just curious what is the standard processing time for an application like this? Does anyone had a similar situation like this before and how long did you get approved? Thank you very much!

PS: She is applying from the US and has an offer from Vancouver, BC now

Reactions: ravipatel2772

ravipatel2772

May 16, 2017
Hi,

I'm a full-time student in Nova Scotia with a valid study permit. My wife is applying for a Spousal open work permit to work in Canada. She didn't have a job offer when she finished the application for the work permit on Jan 19th and haven't heard a word from CIC since then. I'm just curious what is the standard processing time for an application like this? Does anyone had a similar situation like this before and how long did you get approved? Thank you very much!

ravipatel2772

May 16, 2017
Hi,

Anindo

Feb 26, 2017
Hi,

Hey, same story here. Applied on March and still waiting. Any luck with yours yet?