+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal open work permit processing time

susugoi

Apr 10, 2017
Hi,

I'm a full-time student in Nova Scotia with a valid study permit. My wife is applying for a Spousal open work permit to work in Canada. She didn't have a job offer when she finished the application for the work permit on Jan 19th and haven't heard a word from CIC since then. I'm just curious what is the standard processing time for an application like this? Does anyone had a similar situation like this before and how long did you get approved? Thank you very much!

Rj Simran

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
yes I am in the same situation. my husband applied in March nd still no update.
where did u applied from.

susugoi

Apr 10, 2017
She applied online from the US... there was no requirement for additional document or relationship supporting document. She just uploaded the wedding certificate in case... still no update

Rj Simran

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
ok. I applied from India. Here processing time is 10 weeks and its 5th week going on. so we are waiting.

kgebhardt

Dec 26, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
I got my open work permit in 12 days after it was received on (AOR) april 6th.

sent out my whole package on the 24rd of March.

susugoi

Apr 10, 2017
No. Medical, interview, FBI check are not nessensary, even the prove of relationship... I uploaded the marriage certificae and photo as additional documents in case.

Siri1208

Aug 30, 2016
HI SUSUGOI

BUT IN MY CASE IT IS ASKING FOR MEDICAL. Since i have chosen to stay for more than six months in Canada. I have a question regarding the same, is USA comes under the designated country list or not?? Please clarify

susugoi

Apr 10, 2017
that's weird because i chose to stay more than 6 month too. For your question http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp it says no. Best.

Siri1208

Aug 30, 2016
Thanks for the reply. But in the eligibility form for this question should I answer yes or no??

Have you lived or travelled in one of the designated countries for the last six months..

Am living in US for the past 2years

susugoi

Apr 10, 2017
kgebhardt said:
I got my open work permit in 12 days after it was received on (AOR) april 6th.

sent out my whole package on the 24rd of March.
That's so fast congrats! Did you mail it? i applied on online... still in progress.

Buggs Bunnie

Jun 20, 2016
Rj Simran said:
My husband just received his visa yesterday. In 5 weeks.
Hi Simran
Did your husband file an online application or paper? Also could u share the documents you guys provided? Am also waiting for my husbands wp results.