+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal open work permit before spouse travel

ram28mar

Oct 14, 2019
Hi,

My spouse got travel visa stamped in her passport to work in Canada based on client offer letter. But, she will receive her work permit post her landing in Canada.

Now, my question is can i apply for spousal open work permit with her visa and offer letter as proof before she lands to Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

My spouse got travel visa stamped in her passport to work in Canada based on client offer letter. But, she will receive her work permit post her landing in Canada.

Now, my question is can i apply for spousal open work permit with her visa and offer letter as proof before she lands to Canada.
You can apply now. You could have applied with her.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I believe she needs to supply pay stubs and proof of her NOC B or higher job, doesn't she?
That is only a requirement for open work permit holders. OP's spouse is ICT, so closed work permit.

ram28mar

Oct 14, 2019
But that's not proof she actually is working in the job.
In questionnaire while applying for open work permit. They are asking below question

Will you be coming to Canada with a spouse or common-law partner who is, or will be, working in Canada as a foreign worker or who is, or will be, a full-time student at a university, community college, CEGEP or other authorized educational institution?

This means we can apply if our spouse got approval not necessarily they need to be in Canada when we are applying. Am i right?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In questionnaire while applying for open work permit. They are asking below question

Will you be coming to Canada with a spouse or common-law partner who is, or will be, working in Canada as a foreign worker or who is, or will be, a full-time student at a university, community college, CEGEP or other authorized educational institution?

This means we can apply if our spouse got approval not necessarily they need to be in Canada when we are applying. Am i right?
Yes.