+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal inland - should I wait for monthly bank statements?

Incroyable

Apr 14, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-12-2017
Hello,

I'm Canadian and want to sponsor my husband inland.

We live together but don't have any joint bills, so need to show joint accounts for financial support, or that he is my beneficiary.

We just (as in a few days ago) signed up for joint accounts so won't have the monthly statement until middle of next month (e.g. December's statement ready in mid-January).

Should we wait a month for these statements? Or send in forms now that show us applying for the joint account, and another showing he is listed as my spouse and beneficiary?

Does it make sense to send the forms first and then later send in statements as an update?

Thanks!!

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Hello,

I'm Canadian and want to sponsor my husband inland.

We live together but don't have any joint bills, so need to show joint accounts for financial support, or that he is my beneficiary.

We just (as in a few days ago) signed up for joint accounts so won't have the monthly statement until middle of next month (e.g. December's statement ready in mid-January).

Should we wait a month for these statements? Or send in forms now that show us applying for the joint account, and another showing he is listed as my spouse and beneficiary?

Does it make sense to send the forms first and then later send in statements as an update?

Thanks!!
A joint account is not a "must have".

You can supply other things from the checklist to satisfy the requested evidence requirements.

One month of statements isn't worth waiting for. Definitely include the paperwork showing you have opened the joint account. Maybe even take screenshots of the account transactions online to show its being used. But do try to satisfy the other checklist options from that section as this may not be considered as acceptable.

If they require more evidence/statements they can always request them at a alter date, by that time you will have statements/further transactions to provide them with.

Reactions: Incroyable

Incroyable

Apr 14, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-12-2017
A joint account is not a "must have".

You can supply other things from the checklist to satisfy the requested evidence requirements.

One month of statements isn't worth waiting for. Definitely include the paperwork showing you have opened the joint account. Maybe even take screenshots of the account transactions online to show its being used. But do try to satisfy the other checklist options from that section as this may not be considered as acceptable.

If they require more evidence/statements they can always request them at a alter date, by that time you will have statements/further transactions to provide them with.
Thank you for your advice! Will add in my screen shots. :)

This is a problem area for us as we ONLY have the last point which is letters from family/friends and social media screenshots.

We don't have employment/insurance benefits, or documented financial support or shared expenses. :(

My husband and I just moved to Canada 2 months ago, and we are living for free with my parents and freelancing for income. Our expenses (and income) are low so while I do support him financially with my savings (e.g. buying him winter boots), I don't send him money every month. Especially because we live together and he has his own income.

Previously he supported me financially when he sponsored me over to his country, so we can show some documented financial support from him to me. But is that helpful or important for this section?

I've ticked the cannot provide box and have written a letter to explain. But not sure that is enough.

I was hoping that having joint accounts and funding it with my savings would satisfy this requirement, but doesn't seem like it counts here.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks.