+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal application: where to start?

faman

Sep 29, 2020
Hi Everyone! Glad that I found this website. My wife (UK citizenship), but has a US E-1 work visa, is currently staying with me (Canadian Citizen) in Vancouver under a tourist Visa. We are looking to apply for her inland sponsorship but don't know where to start besides the government website. Does anyone know what a good thread would be to get informed on the process and what the current processing times are for inland and outland application. Gov website is listing 12 months! Thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Everyone! Glad that I found this website. My wife (UK citizenship), but has a US E-1 work visa, is currently staying with me (Canadian Citizen) in Vancouver under a tourist Visa. We are looking to apply for her inland sponsorship but don't know where to start besides the government website. Does anyone know what a good thread would be to get informed on the process and what the current processing times are for inland and outland application. Gov website is listing 12 months! Thank you.
Just start filling out the forms, collecting documents, and ask questions here when they come up.

Right now no-one knows how long will take with covid, but at least you're together.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Follow the instructions here to apply. You really need to use the government website or you run the risk of errors and an incomplete application.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Discussions about applications are scattered throughout this forum. There's really no single thread.

Processing times used to be 12 months pre-COVID-19. I would add another six months to that now.