Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
Med's Done....
01-07-2014
Hello

I am a Canadian citizen who is living abroad. I was planning to go back to Canada on August to study PhD. i applied for a student visa for my pregnant wife and in the same time i was preparing for spousal PR application. A week ago her student visa was rejected. Due to her ties in Canada. And will be sending the PR application by next week.

knowing that my wife is pregnant she is not able to perform the full medical examination (the X-ray part) the due date is around 27th of Jan 2015.

What are my options for her to give birth in Canada? the sponsor approval takes 55 days and the PR takes around 9 months. is there any chance for her to be in Canada any time before December?

i think my mistake was that i showed that i was going to study PhD for four years and not just a visit and also i should of applied for a visitor visa and not a student visa even though i got the ESL acceptance.

:)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Her PR application can't be approved without the x-ray. So unfortunately that means there is no chance she will be approved for PR before she gives birth. If you submit the application now, it will be put on hold until the x-ray can be completed.

Your only real option at this point is to apply for a TRV (tourist visa) for your wife to come to Canada. (A student visa was unfortunately not the right way to go and it makes sense it was refused). Note that you will most likely have to cover the costs of the birth out of your own pocket.

MasaM87

Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
Med's Done....
01-07-2014
Ok what about if i submitted the application now and then provided the x - ray after giving birth abroad. Is it going to take 9 months after the medical examination? or it will take less time ?

thanks for your reply

Dixon15

Mar 10, 2020
Her PR application can't be approved without the x-ray. So unfortunately that means there is no chance she will be approved for PR before she gives birth. If you submit the application now, it will be put on hold until the x-ray can be completed.

Your only real option at this point is to apply for a TRV (tourist visa) for your wife to come to Canada. (A student visa was unfortunately not the right way to go and it makes sense it was refused). Note that you will most likely have to cover the costs of the birth out of your own pocket.
I understand the x-ray is taken only of the chest and not of the abdomen? Which should not affect the featus and pregnancy?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I understand the x-ray is taken only of the chest and not of the abdomen? Which should not affect the featus and pregnancy?
This is a conversation you need to have with your doctor.

AUG19

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
DR
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-08-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
I was on my second trimester and my doctor gave me the go-ahead for the X-Rays, consulted with 2 more who said it would be OK for me to do it.

Have your wife consult with her doctor about this, and see what she feels comfortable doing.

You can write IRCC when you receive the request for medicals and tell them your wife is pregnant at that point if you want to wait until the baby is born, unfortunately, that will also hold the application and they won't touch the file until after they do the medicals.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It is generally considered safe to do a chest x-ray while pregnant. Speak to the doctor.