+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Application checklist needed

Ronald613

Feb 24, 2021
Can someone please tell me all that is required to be mailed at the same time of the spousal application? I'm finishing up my wife's application and I just want to be 100% sure I've done everything correctly. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated, Cheers !

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
What I did was enclose everything on that checklist. I must have checked it 30 times, no joke. Make sure all signatures and that typed and signed signature are there and dates. All the country specifics documents as well. Also I wrote NA on absolutely everything which was blank. Barcodes just under checklist. I prayed and prayed it would get aor, and the day I got aor I litterally screamed. Goodluck man.

Reactions: AmyL and Ronald613

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Sorry also I put my photos in a band and small envelope. Her pr photos make sure are the correct size also. They are picky on that. Umm, obviously things that needed translated or notarized put in the exact order as.said the checklist.

Reactions: Ronald613

Ronald613

Feb 24, 2021
What I did was enclose everything on that checklist. I must have checked it 30 times, no joke. Make sure all signatures and that typed and signed signature are there and dates. All the country specifics documents as well. Also I wrote NA on absolutely everything which was blank. Barcodes just under checklist. I prayed and prayed it would get aor, and the day I got aor I litterally screamed. Goodluck man.
So What does AOR mean ? Thanks for your info and advice !!

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Aor means someone has opened it and verified everything is in order. All is.enclosed that is needed to process. Aor is a big step meaning it wont be returned. And yes many do get returned.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Aor you will get an email with uci amd application number that starts with and F. Wait time for that could be 5-6 months.

Ronald613

Feb 24, 2021
Aor you will get an email with uci amd application number that starts with and F. Wait time for that could be 5-6 months.
So i just want to make sure I'm receiving the right checklist.... when I fill out this part to receive the documents needed, pretty much the checklist, there is a question that had me a little confused on here (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp) its asks me:

Do you need to submit documents issued by another country? Help text
Select a country or territory to get country-specific instructions for documents such as:

• passports
  • birth certificates
  • marriage or divorce certificates
  • national identification cards
  • military service documents (for example, military booklets)
  • other civil documents
Does this apply to me?

Ronald613

Feb 24, 2021
Also would my wife since shes the only one applying for permanent residence be the one to fill out the Schedule A background/Decleration? Sorry for all the questions

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
So i just want to make sure I'm receiving the right checklist.... when I fill out this part to receive the documents needed, pretty much the checklist, there is a question that had me a little confused on here (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp) its asks me:

Do you need to submit documents issued by another country? Help text
Select a country or territory to get country-specific instructions for documents such as:

• passports
  • birth certificates
  • marriage or divorce certificates
  • national identification cards
  • military service documents (for example, military booklets)
  • other civil documents
Does this apply to me?
What country the pa is from use that cointry specifics

Ronald613

Feb 24, 2021
What country the pa is from use that cointry specifics
Cuba and these were the specifics required:

Cuba - Additional forms for residents
  • There are no extra forms for this country.
Cuba – Instruction(s) for documents
  • If you hold a passport from this country, you and your family members included in the application must provide:
    • Your/their “solteria”, if unmarried.
  • If you are providing documents issued in/by Cuba, provide originals of all documents required by the document checklist. The documents will be returned to you after a decision has been made on your application. Reminder: If your documents are not in English or French, provide a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.

KamToor

Apr 30, 2017
HI guys, have a question related to police clearance certificate. Do I need to submit the original police clearance certificate or a colored copy will work

Thanks