+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Application - Address change after coming to Canada?

curiousdan

Mar 9, 2017
Dear Members,

I am submitting this enquiry in regards to my application for Permanent Residency [Spousal]. I am a resident of Quebec and sponsored my spouse to come to Canada in July. After this application for Permanent Residency, I also applied for Visitors Visa and my spouse came here.

After my spouse came here, we received notification to complete medicals which we already completed form Canada itself since we did not wanted to wait longer and complete from home country.

My spouse will be in Canada for at least 6 months and if we receive approvals in time, there may not be a reason to go back. Does it make sense to change address to Canada and have the application be processed from here? I presume the application would have been sent to home country already by now. I hope that does not increase application time.

Does it make sense to change the address to Canada now and provided we are within our VISA validity and approval is received, my spouse would not have to go back and come back.

Please advise. Your input is appreciated.

Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear Members,

I am submitting this enquiry in regards to my application for Permanent Residency [Spousal]. I am a resident of Quebec and sponsored my spouse to come to Canada in July. After this application for Permanent Residency, I also applied for Visitors Visa and my spouse came here.

After my spouse came here, we received notification to complete medicals which we already completed form Canada itself since we did not wanted to wait longer and complete from home country.

My spouse will be in Canada for at least 6 months and if we receive approvals in time, there may not be a reason to go back. Does it make sense to change address to Canada and have the application be processed from here? I presume the application would have been sent to home country already by now. I hope that does not increase application time.

Does it make sense to change the address to Canada now and provided we are within our VISA validity and approval is received, my spouse would not have to go back and come back.

Please advise. Your input is appreciated.

Thank you.
Hi

She needs to update her address. This does not affect the app or change where it is processed.