+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Amount - TD1, Personal Tax Credits Return

autoscriptor

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
My wife lives outside Canada, and I have to fill TD1 for a new job. They are asking for a spousal amount. Although I'm supporting her, she doesn't meet the condition stated on the form "If you are supporting your spouse or common-law partner who lives with you and whose net income for the year will be $946 or less, enter $9,460." The form doesn't say anything else related to my situation. Should leave the box blank?

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My wife lives outside Canada, and I have to fill TD1 for a new job. They are asking for a spousal amount. Although I'm supporting her, she doesn't meet the condition stated on the form "If you are supporting your spouse or common-law partner who lives with you and whose net income for the year will be $946 or less, enter $9,460." The form doesn't say anything else related to my situation. Should leave the box blank?

Thank you.
Not an accountant but my personal advice is leave it blank.

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016

Thank you.
I wonder what you ended up doing?