Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Just trying to find others here who applied via Skilled Worker, got their VISA / COPR and then had a change in status (got married) and returned VISA / COPR and then added their spouse to the application. I've been searching the various threads but there doesn't seem to be many people posting lately. My brother in law got his visa / COPR in Feb 2020, the pandemic hit, and he had almost a year to land. He decided to stay where he was, got married, informed IRCC who then requested application for spousal add-on, this was sent in Mar 2021 and he is still waiting.....can anyone shed light on whether spousal add-ons are taking as long as new applications? He was already approved so I'm not understanding why it's taking so long for his spouse's application to be processed. At the time when he got his VISA, spousal add-ons seemed to be taking about 6 - 9 months. Now it's been over 18 months. I'm so disheartened in the system...they had been putting off starting a family (risking yet again another change in status) but I've told them, don't wait any longer.... :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just trying to find others here who applied via Skilled Worker, got their VISA / COPR and then had a change in status (got married) and returned VISA / COPR and then added their spouse to the application. I've been searching the various threads but there doesn't seem to be many people posting lately. My brother in law got his visa / COPR in Feb 2020, the pandemic hit, and he had almost a year to land. He decided to stay where he was, got married, informed IRCC who then requested application for spousal add-on, this was sent in Mar 2021 and he is still waiting.....can anyone shed light on whether spousal add-ons are taking as long as new applications? He was already approved so I'm not understanding why it's taking so long for his spouse's application to be processed. At the time when he got his VISA, spousal add-ons seemed to be taking about 6 - 9 months. Now it's been over 18 months. I'm so disheartened in the system...they had been putting off starting a family (risking yet again another change in status) but I've told them, don't wait any longer.... :(
That is much longer than standard. There was a delay for those who delayed landing due to Covid and he will have to repeat his medical but either he missed an email or there is something stuck on IRCC’s end. Has the wife received mefical request? Has your brother done a new mefical? I would suggest ordering GCMS notes.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Yes, wife received a medical request and it was completed. ECAS says no interview needed, he does not need to redo medical. I submitted an ATIP request Mar 2022, received temporary tracking number then nothing. The email indicated I was supposed to received a permanent number but this never came. I've tried follow up with the email address provided for follow-ups, I keep getting auto generated messages saying it's taking longer than expected (I would have been okay with 90 days after my request but 9 months is a bit too much). When I follow up with my MP, he says their application is in process....I guess I could make another ATIP request.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
That is much longer than standard. There was a delay for those who delayed landing due to Covid and he will have to repeat his medical but either he missed an email or there is something stuck on IRCC’s end. Has the wife received mefical request? Has your brother done a new mefical? I would suggest ordering GCMS notes.
So there was obviously something stuck at IRCC's end. I finally submitted two more ATIP requests a couple of weeks ago. One for him and one for his wife. I typed out a bit of background (about 1 /3 of a page) outlining the timeline and that it has been a long time since their application had any updates. Last week he received a request for biometrics for her....then as soon as that was submitted, they received a letter pretty much asking them to resubmit the application info (I think they need updated documents before finalizing their decision). I'm not sure if they will require him to redo his medical (or her for that matter).

So the learning for me here is that when requesting GCMS notes in an ATIP request, it helps to submit some rationale / background information in the request itself.

His wife is pregnant now so now it's a race against the pregnancy as it will be easier for them to arrive before giving birth...