+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship

shahiniamin

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi guys,
Please help me with my problem.
I haven't met my 730 days RO, however, if on my next entry I can pass the Canadian border at the airport unnoticed and want to apply for spousal sponsorship right after I enter, is there any possibility that the immigration officers notice my violation of RO and revoke my PR and the whole sponsorship application? Do they usually check PR RO when submitting. spousal sponsorship application?
Please help me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes they do. You will need to wait until you have met the RO before you apply for spousal sponsorship or yes your PR will be flagged and the process of revocation will start.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
To add to what Canuck has said most people on here would recommend keeping any interaction with IRCC to a minimum or none at all until the RO has been reset. So really no sponsorships, do not leave the country again until RO reset and for sure do not try renewing a PR card.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
hi i am new here.. my aunt is planning to sponsor me. im 27 yrsold. is that still possible?
Most likely no. However, is she married, have children or living parents? What are her exact circumstances?

Feb 21, 2018
yes she's married but don't have kids.. she don't have any relative other than her husband.
if its not possible for her to sponsor what are the other ways for me to apply for visa

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

HardyLaxsmi

Feb 3, 2021
Hello I'm newly write in this forum

I applied sponsorship for my family on 4 August 2020 , all documents received 8 August 2020.After waiting for 5 months ( January 16 2021 ) got letter from immigration they said my application just starting being processed after 14 days( February 2021) I received second email from immigration said I'm eligible for sponsor all member family's. Anyone have the some situations with me could you please give some idea what is next ?
When approximately request medical check up and sending passport?

I apply inland but my family's all of them in Indonesia.

Thank you all . Wish all the best for all of you to reunite with family here.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hello I'm newly write in this forum

I applied sponsorship for my family on 4 August 2020 , all documents received 8 August 2020.After waiting for 5 months ( January 16 2021 ) got letter from immigration they said my application just starting being processed after 14 days( February 2021) I received second email from immigration said I'm eligible for sponsor all member family's. Anyone have the some situations with me could you please give some idea what is next ?
When approximately request medical check up and sending passport?

I apply inland but my family's all of them in Indonesia.

Thank you all . Wish all the best for all of you to reunite with family here.
This is the part of the process that will take the longest... there's a long wait ahead of you...you will need to clear medicals and biometrics and if they ask for an interview this will significantly delay the process. Asking for a passport is right near the end. After AOR the sponsorship approval is fairly quick...but for the PA it will take some time as they do background checks etc.

HardyLaxsmi

Feb 3, 2021
Thank you very much for the answer. In last letter said processing will be a head to visa office in Singapore which is unfortunate my family's can't go there from Indonesia because of covid reason . I'm not sure if biometric could be done in Canadian embassy in Indonesia. Hopefully not to long for request medical check up etc.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Thank you very much for the answer. In last letter said processing will be a head to visa office in Singapore which is unfortunate my family's can't go there from Indonesia because of covid reason . I'm not sure if biometric could be done in Canadian embassy in Indonesia. Hopefully not to long for request medical check up etc.
It doesn't matter what VO it goes to. For example my husbands would go from Tunisia to Paris. Or, now that he is going to Qatar, London likely. It's just where they divy up the applications, nothing to do with going to those countries to get bio/meds.